Modern defender setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I wanna try a modern defender setup over the close season. I did tried it out a bit last summer. But went down the LPs route and it was just too much to change in one go so I want to pick up some reverse rubbers, or a SP BH rubber, that are good control pushing over the table and chopping fishing away from the table. But can topspin too. Is it something like Tackiness chop or are there some more modern alternatives?
Previously when when I tried LPs away from the table was fine but close up I just couldn’t help playing the wrong shots using them. So want something that can chop and topspin that’s more user friendly.
It will likely go on a old VICTAS Koji Matsushita blade. Or donic aplegren that I have lying around.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
I probably am. But I changed too much previously with the LPs. So my thinking is to get used to a defensive setup that is inverted or with a sp that plays more like inverted before trying the LPs.
Try the victas vs 401. It's an inverted rubber made for chopping. It can generate VERY high amounts of spins in chops and topspins

Reactions: jammmail