My setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Hey guys, i want to change my setup.I am curently using tenergy 80 on bh and hurricane 3 neo comm. on forehand
So now i want something cheaper because i have limited budget :D
I want to buy galaxy n-9 blade and skyline 3 neo on bh
So could you recommend me some good but not too expensive fh rubber(i would like to get chinese rubber-hard sponge and tacky)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you want a tacky H3, do NOT get the regular commercial #19 sponge, it is a fail without boosting. Go instead for the H3 Neo, the factory tuning is OK, but as time goes by, you can still use the rubber OK without re-tuning it. I use the H3 sometimes as a BH rubber, occasionally as an emergency FH rubber in humid conditions.

Another one to consider is to get a 999 topsheet glued to a sponge you like. Cole (colestt.com) will custom glue 999 (or whatever other topsheet he sells separately) to whatever sponge he sells separately. I would say consider 999 on 40 Quattro (he is out of 42) or 999 on Air 38 Lemon. That combo is like $15 to make.

Cream topsheet with MRS sponge is another good one to consider.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
If you want a tacky H3, do NOT get the regular commercial #19 sponge, it is a fail without boosting. Go instead for the H3 Neo, the factory tuning is OK, but as time goes by, you can still use the rubber OK without re-tuning it. I use the H3 sometimes as a BH rubber, occasionally as an emergency FH rubber in humid conditions.

Another one to consider is to get a 999 topsheet glued to a sponge you like. Cole (colestt.com) will custom glue 999 (or whatever other topsheet he sells separately) to whatever sponge he sells separately. I would say consider 999 on 40 Quattro (he is out of 42) or 999 on Air 38 Lemon. That combo is like $15 to make.

Cream topsheet with MRS sponge is another good one to consider.

I use 999 sheet with original sponge and its pretty fine for me,i even didnt think about other sponge when i ordered it :D

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For a very long time, 999 Chinese topsheet has been licensed out to other TT manufacturers, so there are a LOT of different possible 999 rubbers considering who all uses them, then there are the few retailers who carry the topsheet separately. Imagine gluing the nice consistent topsheet of 999 to a Tenergy sponge? Possible if you take enough time to separate the sponge from the topsheet of an old sheet you might have laying around. Even on a decent sponge like Air Lemon or Quattro, you get a LOT fro a $15 rubber you can depend upon and the topsheet is almost bulletproof.

Only problem ordering from colestt.com is if you are an international customer, the shipping makes it not worth it to buy just one or two things, unless you absolutely cannot find them, yet this is true about any retailer sending stuff to a buyer who is not on the same continent. If you buy $100 worth of stuff at a time, it is prolly still a decent buy compared to what you can find in your area.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is the ITTF authorized covering list from their website.

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_35A.pdf

This is a cut from the list...

“999” is also used as part of a
brand name for
“AKKADI”,“CRACK”,”GLOBE”
,”JUIC”,”THREE NINE”,
“XIYING” and “XUSHAOFA”.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Hey guys, i want to change my setup.I am curently using tenergy 80 on bh and hurricane 3 neo comm. on forehand
So now i want something cheaper because i have limited budget :D
I want to buy galaxy n-9 blade and skyline 3 neo on bh
So could you recommend me some good but not too expensive fh rubber(i would like to get chinese rubber-hard sponge and tacky)

I recently bought and test many cheap Chinese rubbers from taobao and one I love a lot is Sword King in red sponge. It is tacky like H3 with many degrees of hardness to choose from so one might fit if you like it hard. It is only half the price of H3 in taobao, but may be hard to find outside China. What surprised me most is the durability. I had accidentally nick the table 3 times with this rubber in 2 days. Yet after cleaning the smudge off there is not even a mark left. It is not possible with anything else, except H3 perhaps. I am impressed!

I see the TG3 is more than double the price of your blade of choice. N9 can be had for USD6 in China. I bet there are many cheaper rubbers play equally good, if not better, than TG3. So it might be a good idea to shift a bit of your budget to the blade and skip the TG3, unless you really love it of course.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My eternal BH rubber of XP 2008 Super Power is a great BH rubber for a controlled BH game, but it isn't tacky and isn't a FH rubber for most players.

H2 NEO sounds like OP's specs of choice, but there are all manner of rubber available and it is a joyous adventure to discover them.

eacheng.net sells a lot of Chinese gear on the cheap and their postage isn't terrible, but it can take a while for it to get to you and sometimes the postal service or customs or whoever slows it up or eats it. That is a risk with any international parcel though. The one time my stuff never made it eacheng re-sent.