My trick shots and uncoventional practise session videos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys, Yesterday I had a very good training session for this trick. Have been thinking about Xu Xin's unique reversible Forehand lately. Then, I was reminscent of this trick shot challenge which I saw on Youtube a year back. I tried it at that time and couldn't get past 3. Neverthless, I decided to spent some hours on training this trick shot challenge. I learnded that my concentration level is kinda ****ed up cos I was able to get the touch after some hours of practice but my mind kept on racing. Hence, I have move after first few hits to either direction to keep myself focussed. Trick Strategy :D

If you need some help on this trick, I am very glad to share my experience with you :)

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi Friends, these are some of the videos from my yesterday's practise session. In the first video, I am backspinning the ball on either directions and simultaneously pushing it to either sides. I develped this practise accidentally 2 years ago. This training had played a very important role in improving my touch and awareness of the ball with respect to my body as the frame of reference. I hope you like it:)

The idea for this video came from the first one, I am just going for full contact like Mizutani does in his backspin serves. These were much challenging but on the other hand, they stay closer to my body :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
It seems what you need is this video:

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Awesome stuff, I would like to try the first one, I tried it in the past little hard with my table cos the width is less than the normal. That Topspin contol depends on the racket na? Other than that, Hail Marcos Freitas, i am not worthy :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Thats a good amount. There was a world record recently set for this trick, I'm sure it was over 1000 times. I cannot find it right now..

Thanks man, Probably, somebody does it like 1000 times easily. Actually after uploading my video, I saw one more video over there in YT where a guy was hitting 100 continuously. Today I tried again but always remain around 3o's range. But, with practice it can get better na :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, the actual interesting thing is, my money says guys like Xu Xin, when they did it for the counts on that list, I bet they just did it and did not practice it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Come on Carl. You mean they hadn't practiced it in a while. Pros all did a lot of that stuff as kids. But saying that a male pro has not done everything under the sun as a trick at least once is underestimating those guys. They do even weirder stuff and for some reason they never practiced hitting the ball on their handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
How about they did not have the paddle with the right handle for doing it ? :p
Come on Carl. You mean they hadn't practiced it in a while. Pros all did a lot of that stuff as kids. But saying that a male pro has not done everything under the sun as a trick at least once is underestimating those guys. They do even weirder stuff and for some reason they never practiced hitting the ball on their handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
To put XX into perspective for me is to provide motivation for myself to push. First I kept Ma Long's count of 12 to get me there. So, It took some hours. Then, YM to reach 26, then when it was done. I changed it FZD's 42 which I couldn't reach So, I changed the goal much higher to XX-55 so that I wont get into the Rut. In all honesty, these guys go to 10000 times with few practice sessions.

I believe these guys have done in few takes or so. But, the point is not to say who is better? Just a motivation for myself and viewership so they do get to try in their home. Since, I am not a pro, mates who look theses videos want to naturally try as it creates a competitive environment. That is good for the sport.

I will reiterate one thing again from some last post clearly, I will play XX or whomever to a match on any day because I ain't afraid of losing and learning regardless of skill deficiency. I don't see them as better than me in all honesty till they beat me and my confidence. I bet second division players knowing nothing about table tennis, so it may piss you off to compare myself to some legends but it doesn't to me.

All those Pros practiced this trick more than me. What would they do with 6 to 7 hours of practise each day? They spice up their TT life with these tricks. Every show has some considerable practice before being put out. honestly, that shouldn't surprise anyone.