Need advice for rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I'm looking for backhand rubber that has more spin, moderate speed, good control, good on flicks and not too bouncy....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I'm more forehand oriented, backhand usually for blocking,smashes, flicks and pushes...still in the progress of learning backhand looping...
how would you compare DHS Hurricane 3 neo on backhand to Xiom Vega Pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
i used to use vega pro on BH. its very good for what you described. the H3 Neo for BH takes skill and training to become useful i believe. Its a hard rubber to do well with on backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
i used to use vega pro on BH. its very good for what you described. the H3 Neo for BH takes skill and training to become useful i believe. Its a hard rubber to do well with on backhand

Hurricane 3 neo is more sensitive to incoming spin therefore harder to perform flicks, and require more brushing effort, flat hit will causes the ball to fly out,however it is good for pushes due to its tackiness and low arc. I'm curious about Vega pro, could you please provide me with information on vega pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Hurricane 3 neo is more sensitive to incoming spin therefore harder to perform flicks, and require more brushing effort, flat hit will causes the ball to fly out,however it is good for pushes due to its tackiness and low arc. I'm curious about Vega pro, could you please provide me with information on vega pro?

Very good allround rubber, blocks very well, flicks easy to control. Decent mid table, lacks spin and power from a distance compared to T05 for example. I have 2 sheets im selling, PM me if interested i can tell you more then

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Have you tried Hurricane 3 neo on backhand before? Hurricane 3 neo is good for full arm swing on forehand, on the backhand if use for looping, would hurricane 3 neo provide more spin than vega pro rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Have you tried Hurricane 3 neo on backhand before? Hurricane 3 neo is good for full arm swing on forehand, on the backhand if use for looping, would hurricane 3 neo provide more spin than vega pro rubber?

Yes, i have one sheet of H3NEO Blue sponge national and FH its the best thing ive ever used. BH its good, requires big strokes to clear the net generate spin. Long distance on BH it is very good, lots of spin and power. Just requires lots of skill to execute at short distance. (And a big wallet for the national version)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yes, i have one sheet of H3NEO Blue sponge national and FH its the best thing ive ever used. BH its good, requires big strokes to clear the net generate spin. Long distance on BH it is very good, lots of spin and power. Just requires lots of skill to execute at short distance. (And a big wallet for the national version)

I might go for Hurricane 3 Neo on backhand, I'm loving it on my forehand :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Honestly, from your description Donic Baracuda sounds sounds like it might fit the bill for what you need. Not too fast. Spinny. Very spinny. Not too bouncy. But enough catapult to help your BH.

Vega Pro is great for control as a BH rubber. But it does sound like you want something more spinny like Baracuda.

Regular versions of H3 or H3 Neo are hard for most people to use on BH. One of those new H3s with the softer sponge like H3-50 or is it H3-60, those might be good though.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This forum sometimes cracks me up. You can use FREEKING Any FREEKING thing on BH if it isn't anti or LP to get that mission done. It's in the hand and mechanics.

Carl has seen me use a 3 yr old H3 a 2 yr old XP 2008 and a new MX-P and I would a kicked Bubba's azz with any of those.

Don't obsess. Choose your weapon and start baiting the goon squads...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Honestly, from your description Donic Baracuda sounds sounds like it might fit the bill for what you need. Not too fast. Spinny. Very spinny. Not too bouncy. But enough catapult to help your BH.

Vega Pro is great for control as a BH rubber. But it does sound like you want something more spinny like Baracuda.

Regular versions of H3 or H3 Neo are hard for most people to use on BH. One of those new H3s with the softer sponge like H3-50 or is it H3-60, those might be good though.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Thanks for your advice Carl, h3-60 is hard to get by...:(

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for your advice Carl, h3-60 is hard to get by...:(

Then you are probably better off with Baracuda. Regular H3 is hard to use on BH unless you are Der_Echte who really can use anything on BH. I think if you glued a banana peel to his BH side, he could still hit a good BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Then you are probably better off with Baracuda. Regular H3 is hard to use on BH unless you are Der_Echte who really can use anything on BH. I think if you glued a banana peel to his BH side, he could still hit a good BH.

Carl, how spinny and speedy is baracuda compared to tenergy? I always feel tenergy is a tad too springy but i love the easy spin it gives me.