Need experience players to analyse on my serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hi all,

I've never got the chance to see my serves. So I decided today to film it. And have a close look at it. I really want to know from experience table tennis players if this serves are good enough. Any advice will be really appreciated. I think there is always room for progress.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
:D ... at this distance you don't look much different than Ma Long .... seriously though it looks all fine except most of your serves are long

Hint : use landscape mode and get the camera a lot more closer. Take a trial video and you yourself should be able to tell whether they are worth sharing ... also, try to get all different kinds of serves in ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
The serves are indeed too long. Actually didn't pay a lot of attention when serving. But I think that should be exactly what I must focus on when serving. And yeah. .. I should have put in landscape mode. Let me see if I can share some structured serve practise next time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
With my super Asian Eyesight, I think you are pushing the ball to quickly/fast out your blade.
Your are more accelerating out to force the spin. Try also using the ball coming down as a force and gentle brush the ball out (focusing on the brush, and the acceleration will carry itself)

I would like to suggest a view things (hope it will help):
1) get more training balls, 144 x 2 will fit a nice bucket.
2) allow the ball to drop lower and then try and try your same serve (both 1st and 2nd serve)
- Test different weight of the ball (heavy serve, soft serve etc)
- Test different placement of the ball (long, short, centre, left, right etc)
If long, make sure it is on the end line.
Try medium long - the 2nd bounce is low and just missing the end of the table
3) Try different variation of the serve - heavy spin, no spin, reverse side (1st serve)

Reactions: Suga D