- same spin/spinnier than the M2
- good for blocking
- medium / medium soft hardness
- good but not necessarily great control
- bouncy but not too much
- not too sensitive to incoming spin

I would be grateful for your help

Forgot to mention that I don't like "jack of all trades master of none" rubbers
Well, Your requirement put You right in the middle of this charactersistic....

Cheers
L-zr

Is it faster than Bluefire M2? And how does the Rozena's speed compare to the M2?
P3 is slightly slower and P2 is slightly slower. Both have good spin capabilities.
Donic has a good explanation for their rubbers. Download the catalogue from their home site.

Donic 's are ESN rubbers so they will not be much different from other ESN rubbers. Its jut a matter of picking the right one. I play sometimes with Accuda blue P2 on my BH. The speed and hardness is OK but the spin is so so. But I am compare it to my bench mark BH rubber Tenergy05 FX. But with T05FX I have to ditch the short game, its like walking on a razors edge...

Cheers
L-zr

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
For my backhand I need a rubber that:
- is very grippy/slightly tacky
- has a medium throw angle
- a little bit slower than the Bluefire M2
- good for blocking

T64 or 05fx, baracuda big slam

This user has no status.
T64 or 05fx, baracuda big slam
Tried 05fx - it is pretty fast, not the most spinny rubber out there, but I would say it's kinda sensitive for incoming spin so I don't know if it's good for blocking. Baracuda big slam is even more so, but it's definitely slower than 05fx and it has speed limit which is super easy to reach.

I would rather have xiom vega europe on BH for blocking as it less spin sensitive and it has perfectly controllable blocking. Or Rakza 7

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Tried 05fx - it is pretty fast, not the most spinny rubber out there, but I would say it's kinda sensitive for incoming spin so I don't know if it's good for blocking. Baracuda big slam is even more so, but it's definitely slower than 05fx and it has speed limit which is super easy to reach.

I would rather have xiom vega europe on BH for blocking as it less spin sensitive and it has perfectly controllable blocking. Or Rakza 7
I have played 05fx, and I've been using t05 for 4 years now. The fx is extremely easy for blocking, completely spin insensitive and a great rubber for backhand and forehand, not too fast, but really good on the table. Baracude is pretty senstive but is cheap and very spinny. Vega europe is a tamer version of t05 fx, very good rubber. And rakza 7 is veeeery sensitive, too much even for forehand, and I say that coming from tenergy 05.

Noadays I recomend the bluestorm z3 since it has a very low throw, perfect for on the table, high speed and no sensitivity. Dignics 05 is good but expensive, and rozena is simply not good enough.

Glayzer is very good offensive rubber with a medium high throw and top end spin, medium spin sensitivity and high speed. 09c decent but a bit too slow, unless you play chinese rubbers, it's a rocket compared to them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
For my backhand I need a rubber that:
- is very grippy/slightly tacky
- has a medium throw angle
- a little bit slower than the Bluefire M2
- good for blocking

acuda s2

Reactions: Haraold and Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am looking for something like this for my backhand on the Avalox P500. I have almost concluded to use Donic Bluefire M2 as my next upgrade. This thread helps a lot. Currently using Yasaka Mark V on backhand.

The backhand rubbers I have considered for my blade are Xiom Vega Pro and Yasaka Rakza 7, in the long run. But, I wonder if the transition is easier if I go for Yasaka Mark V HPS first because I sorta like the non-bouncy quality of Mark V and that I actually have to put power into the ball if I want it to move fast ... I am not able to do those punchy short stroke counters that some players do with the backhand that converts the opponents spin and make the ball dip over the net even though its moving fast (I have noticed this when playing vs. people that have butterfly rubbers), but my backhand opening loop works well and players dont seem to expect a slow spinny ball from the backhand even on balls that are high because most players punch those hard. One idea is to try Donic Baracuda on backhand.

The point is that, since rubbers are becoming harder and harder, the gap between beginner rubbers and intermediate rubbers have been growing, as I see it. Maybe the Butterfly Glayzer series is the solution? I like the way the soft sponge and tough top sheet on Mark V interact and it lets me feel very precisely the ball when I do deceptive short backhand serves.

This user has no status.
I have played 05fx, and I've been using t05 for 4 years now. The fx is extremely easy for blocking, completely spin insensitive and a great rubber for backhand and forehand, not too fast, but really good on the table. Baracude is pretty senstive but is cheap and very spinny. Vega europe is a tamer version of t05 fx, very good rubber. And rakza 7 is veeeery sensitive, too much even for forehand, and I say that coming from tenergy 05.

Noadays I recomend the bluestorm z3 since it has a very low throw, perfect for on the table, high speed and no sensitivity. Dignics 05 is good but expensive, and rozena is simply not good enough.

Glayzer is very good offensive rubber with a medium high throw and top end spin, medium spin sensitivity and high speed. 09c decent but a bit too slow, unless you play chinese rubbers, it's a rocket compared to them.
After T05 any rubber would be spin insensitive. Compared to even mx-p that I also have, t05 fx is more reacting to incoming spin.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
After T05 any rubber would be spin insensitive. Compared to even mx-p that I also have, t05 fx is more reacting to incoming spin.
Well yeah, but 05fx is still decent. Compared to the blustorm it's more sensitive, but I feel rakza 7 and baracuda are more sensitive. Maybe it's just me, idk...

This user has no status.
Well yeah, but 05fx is still decent. Compared to the blustorm it's more sensitive, but I feel rakza 7 and baracuda are more sensitive. Maybe it's just me, idk...
I guess every person is different when it comes to feel. For me, baracuda is pretty sensitive whilst rakza 7 is one of the least spin sensitive. Had them both on relatively stiff V14 Pro.

Reactions: Choosikick