Need help for choosing new rubbers

This user has no status.
Im looking for a new rubbers setup on my Tibhar Triple Carbon.
My playstyle is offensive spin-oriented and im using shakehand grip. My skill level is in between of intermediate and advanced and im playing 1-3 times a week, mostly indoor 70% and outdoor 30%.
I was using some of Donic, Sanwei, DHS, Tibhar and Butterfly rubbers but only beginner and mid-tier.
I want to try tacky or tacky-hybrid rubbers. I was considering Xiom Jekyll and Hyde C52.5, Tibhar hybrid K3 or DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provinical on FH. On BH i want something with more control like Xiom Jekyll and Hyde H52.5, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo or Tibhar hybrid MK.

Let me know your opinion and advices.
Thank you all in advance.


***UPDATE***
I bought XIOM J&H C55 in MAX on FH and XIOM J&H C52.5 in 2.1 on BH.
Setup weights 199g which is around 15g heavier then previous setup. Blade feels fast and powerful. Rubbers feel soft and spinny when playing close, and fast and sharp far from table. I noticed the point where shock from ball is getting thru the rubber and hitting the carbon, below that point racket is soft and controllable, after that point racket gets very aggressive and can produce very high speeds with little less control. Racket produces high pitch sound which can be annoying to some people but i dont care about that. Im happy to play with it and to enjoy the game. Thank you all for advices. Cheers
 
Last edited:
This user has no status.
i still have nightmares playing with Tibhar Triple Carbon, but hey if it works for you. In my opinion it's not a spin-oriented blade, more suitable for like a flat power/hitter player. but indeed, try to get tacky rubbers so you can keep the ball low on the table
Previously i had some donic wandler blade and tibhar rapid carbon light. I really like the feel and lightness of Tibhar Rapid Carbon but for my current skill I feel a need for more stiff and heavier blade. I tried some of the lower budget rubbers like t88 ultra spin on triple carbon and it feels like it needs softer rubber on FH, and also tacky to get my spins ingame. I want to invest for a higher tier rubbers and i want to try not to buy multiple until i find good one for me. Thank you for your comment. Also, what blade and rubbers are you using?
 
This user has no status.
i still have nightmares playing with Tibhar Triple Carbon, but hey if it works for you. In my opinion it's not a spin-oriented blade, more suitable for like a flat power/hitter player. but indeed, try to get tacky rubbers so you can keep the ball low on the table
Also why you dont like triple carbon?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Nov 2014
316
174
741
Read 7 reviews
Also why you dont like triple carbon?
i suppose mainly it was a skill issue cause it was my first custom blade with carbon. It was impossible for me to send topspins, the ball just kept going high and long no dwell time. i was using the latest T80FX/Airoc S back then hoping the softer sponges would help me, to no avail. i was still finding my style back them, so i archive it.

A couple years later, I tried some cheap chinese sticky rubbers 999 Super 999T, and felt completly better, with a heavy stiff blade like that i didnt need the fastest rubbers , that's why i recommended you to get the stickest you can get. The blade wil give the speed you need, the grip will help you keep the ball on the table.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Papica33
This user has no status.
i suppose mainly it was a skill issue cause it was my first custom blade with carbon. It was impossible for me to send topspins, the ball just kept going high and long no dwell time. i was using the latest T80FX/Airoc S back then hoping the softer sponges would help me, to no avail. i was still finding my style back them, so i archive it.

A couple years later, I tried some cheap chinese sticky rubbers 999 Super 999T, and felt completly better, with a heavy stiff blade like that i didnt need the fastest rubbers , that's why i recommended you to get the stickest you can get. The blade wil give the speed you need, the grip will help you keep the ball on the table.
Thank you for your advice. What blade are you using now? And what is your playstyle now?
 
This user has no status.
If you're between intermediate and advanced, you probably have a dedicated coach, so why don't you ask him/her?
We got a few coaches, but they are mostly focusing on kids. I tried some of their recommendations even before but they are mostly good for all wood or maybe blade with less carbon and inner layout. Triple carbon being a very specific blade it needs rubbers with huge dwell time and probably max thickness. I posted just to see some recommendations from people using the same blade or very similar. Thank you for your comment.
 
says what [IMG]
says what [IMG]
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2016
2,848
1,756
5,811
Read 2 reviews
We got a few coaches, but they are mostly focusing on kids. I tried some of their recommendations even before but they are mostly good for all wood or maybe blade with less carbon and inner layout. Triple carbon being a very specific blade it needs rubbers with huge dwell time and probably max thickness. I posted just to see some recommendations from people using the same blade or very similar. Thank you for your comment.
You're uncoached playing sometimes as low as 1 times a week and you consider yourself intermediate to advanced? Did you play as a junior or something before? I'm not saying it to punch down on you or something (By all chances you're a higher level player than I am) but I think there may be some disconnect between what you think you need vs what you need.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Papica33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2016
219
273
581
We got a few coaches, but they are mostly focusing on kids. I tried some of their recommendations even before but they are mostly good for all wood or maybe blade with less carbon and inner layout. Triple carbon being a very specific blade it needs rubbers with huge dwell time and probably max thickness. I posted just to see some recommendations from people using the same blade or very similar. Thank you for your comment.
If the coaches recommends all wood blades and rubber combinations to go with that, then maybe you should take their advice and not ours :). All wood is not only a "kids thing". Some of the best players(advanced to semi-pro level) in my club play with wooden blades such (Clipper, Korbel, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Cybershape Wood).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Papica33 and Tyce
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,163
1,126
4,069
Read 5 reviews
If the coaches recommends all wood blades and rubber combinations to go with that, then maybe you should take their advice and not ours :). All wood is not only a "kids thing". Some of the best players(advanced to semi-pro level) in my club play with wooden blades such (Clipper, Korbel, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Cybershape Wood).
Most of the kids in a club I used to play at used Tibhar Curious. Thin 7 ply. Everybody played 2xMX-P, except the younger kids that used EL-P on BH.

As long you practice your form truthfully, any racket is good. Rocket launchers will be much harder to control though. Regarding the coach advice and whatnot... My experience is that the best players do not choose the blade and rubbers we EJs do... When it comes to higher level players that are also coaches, that I observed over the years, they compress all the EJing in to two weeks, they select 5-10 setups and then they choose the one they win the most with. Then they stick with it for a year. Tried this, this year, and I think I got my answer. When it comes to high level younger players, they use either: the stuff they won OR the stuff their coach gave to them. Quite realistically the best player I know, who handed my butt over to me every time to 0, for number of years, he had no idea what blade or rubbers he played...

So when it comes to my advice. I suggest you go to your club, ask around to play with different setups for A SINGLE GAME. Ignore anything that is outer carbon. Exclude anything that you cannot put your whole power down. I mean power loop the h out of the ball consistently without making mistakes. Figure out with which one you get the most points with, and then get that one. Sometimes you will get a setup which is good on one side. i.e. you get really good FH with one thing, but your BH is just ok, and not amazing. Then I think EJing is ok to find a rubber that is one step harder or softer.

~ H, out.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Papica33 and Tyce
This user has no status.
Most of the kids in a club I used to play at used Tibhar Curious. Thin 7 ply. Everybody played 2xMX-P, except the younger kids that used EL-P on BH.

As long you practice your form truthfully, any racket is good. Rocket launchers will be much harder to control though. Regarding the coach advice and whatnot... My experience is that the best players do not choose the blade and rubbers we EJs do... When it comes to higher level players that are also coaches, that I observed over the years, they compress all the EJing in to two weeks, they select 5-10 setups and then they choose the one they win the most with. Then they stick with it for a year. Tried this, this year, and I think I got my answer. When it comes to high level younger players, they use either: the stuff they won OR the stuff their coach gave to them. Quite realistically the best player I know, who handed my butt over to me every time to 0, for number of years, he had no idea what blade or rubbers he played...

So when it comes to my advice. I suggest you go to your club, ask around to play with different setups for A SINGLE GAME. Ignore anything that is outer carbon. Exclude anything that you cannot put your whole power down. I mean power loop the h out of the ball consistently without making mistakes. Figure out with which one you get the most points with, and then get that one. Sometimes you will get a setup which is good on one side. i.e. you get really good FH with one thing, but your BH is just ok, and not amazing. Then I think EJing is ok to find a rubber that is one step harder or softer.

~ H, out.
Thank you for your comment. Its very useful. Today i contacted one of my friends that i didnt see for some time and went to their club on the other part of the city. Trained there for couple of matches with their rackets and find out that i really just need to try more varieties of setups to decide. Im always over engineering everything so i will take a step back and this month try all the different setups that they got. And until the november i will find something. They are mostly using donic persson carbon and similar blades with mx-p and some other setups. I will try them all for a month and decide. Thank you once again. You comment was a push back to observe wider picture and to be simple and just play. Cheers
 
  • Like
Reactions: sebi
This user has no status.
You're uncoached playing sometimes as low as 1 times a week and you consider yourself intermediate to advanced? Did you play as a junior or something before? I'm not saying it to punch down on you or something (By all chances you're a higher level player than I am) but I think there may be some disconnect between what you think you need vs what you need.
Dont worry, its all good. Today i realized what i need and the comment from mister Haito just confirmed my current assumption. I trained for some time as junior and did some local junior tournaments in China, but i never took it to the next level. I learned playing tt with my father and it was the sport that i always did just for the fun and love. This time i got a chance to try and buy a new racket so thats why i took a chance. But at the end of the day, Haito confirmed what i need and that is just to play a various setups and have fun. Choice will come and it will be correct after more training. Going to hit the table from now on. Cheers
 
Top