Need rubber recommendations for my new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I just bought a DHS H301 and I am currently looking for a rubber that suits the blade i am considering GA8, looking for something that has lots of control and spin
H3/GA8 make sense.

if you want to go cheaper, Jupiter 3/Moon 12 is pretty much just as good at a fraction of the cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Whether the rubber suits the blade depends on the person holding it, I think. You should probably give everybody a sense of how you play and what your strengths and weaknesses are, to get a more tailored response.
passive, aggressive when i have the chance i use long pips intermediate player still practicing on my loops and spins so i am looking for something that could easily do those

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I just bought a DHS H301 and I am currently looking for a rubber that suits the blade i am considering GA8, looking for something that has lots of control and spin
I think we need you to share about your level of experience and playstyle.

If you feel your techniques are not very solid yet where you make easy unforced errors, I will suggest you get softer rubbers eg. ESN brand rubbers at 42-45degrees (which u can find out more in this forum). This gives you a bigger margin for error when executing drives and loops.

If you struggle with the short game, you can consider tacky rubbers like DHS hurricane 3 neo and hybrid rubbers. The tackiness will give you more dwell time on the ball. But do note that due to the increase in dwell time, you need to have decent technique to loop and drive the ball using tacky rubbers since these rubbers tend to be harder. The softer ones I can recall are DHS hurricane 3 neo soft (37degrees), yinhe big dipper 38 degrees

I think you can go consider yinhe rubbers notably the yinhe moon (which comes in 42, 45, 47, 49 degrees), Jupiter and big dipper( which comes in 38, 39, 40 degrees) do note that the measure of hardness for moon and (Jupiter and big dipper) use different scales. So you can try moon (45 degrees) + Jupiter/big dipper (38degrees). These rubbers don't cost alot too which is always a plus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
...something that has lots of control and spin
I tried it and didn't find control and spin to be the strongest points of this blade. First and foremost it's a fast offensive blade with flat trajectory and rather short dwell. It felt like a blade for an advanced, fast and very aggressive player.

GA8 is also a tenacious offensive rubber, it has good control for a tensor since it has a kind of a speed cap and keeps its' composure in high gear, but it is still a German tensor, very fast and bouncy. I used it for a year with an Acoustic and liked it a lot, it was fun to play, but the short game with GA8 is not the best and you will be prompted to attack serves and lift every long backspin, otherwise this combo doesn't make much sense.

So if you're confident with this offensive game, it could be a great weapon for you, but "lots of control" is definitely not about GA8 or H301/GA8 combo. You will need to be advanced enough where control is not your main concern.

I don't know your level, but if you'll find yourself overshooting and struggling with the short game in matches, then you might as well try Rakza Z, which does have LOTS of control and spin compared to GA8.

Last edited: