What rubbers should I upgrade to?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I currently use a ma lin carbon blade with Rakza 7 on fh and Fastarc g-1 on the backhand. Im looking to upgrade the rubbers.
On the forehand im looking for something similar to Rakza 7 but with a bit more speed and spin as I found it a bit too slow. On the backhand im looking for a a rubber that’s quite easy to spin with and good control as my technique is still developing on the backhand.
Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Rakza 7 isn't slow and it s spinny. Speed helps when you have direct line of sight shots. It can be a detriment if you are hitting balls that are low at net height or below where need to hit the ball up to clear the net and then hope it still lands on the table. I have found Rakza 7 has an almost perfect spin to speed ratio.

What force can you generate with a T05 that you can't with Rakza 7. T05 may be faster at the top end but that extra speed would only be needed if you are trying to hit the ball out of the court.

Again, Rakza 7 is good enough and I bet the Fastarc g-1 is too. Many seem to like Fastarc g-1. I would stick with what you have unless it is worn out and practice more. Use the saved money to buy a few hours with a coach that can pin point those things you need to work on most. There is always low hanging fruit.
You can still get great speed with Rakza 7 but it requires much more effort and bigger strokes. I tend to play quite fast and close to the table so having big strokes can cost me.

In regard to the Fastarc G-1 I just find it very inconsistent for bigger backhand shots. It is difficult to feel the ball and spin it upwards. It is good for drives but for spinny shots or open ups I personally find it difficult to use

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I currently use a ma lin carbon blade with Rakza 7 on fh and Fastarc g-1 on the backhand. Im looking to upgrade the rubbers.
On the forehand im looking for something similar to Rakza 7 but with a bit more speed and spin as I found it a bit too slow. On the backhand im looking for a a rubber that’s quite easy to spin with and good control as my technique is still developing on the backhand.
Thanks.
What is your budget?

Forehand I would recommend either Xiom Vega Pro or Xiom Vega X. Xiom rubbers are not as durable as Butterfly or Yasaka rubber but good enough! And you are not going to break the bank on either Pro or X. I like Pro a bit more. Xiom Vega Pro does play like a toned down Tenergy with much cheaper price point! Heck you can go through 2-3 sheets of Pro (with 30% bulk discount) for one sheet of Tenergy.

Backhand. Let me think about it more before getting back to you. Maybe hybrid rubber like Dignics 09c, K3, Dragon Grip, etc. if you really want to spin the ball on your backhand side?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I’m looking at spending roughly £100.
I have a friend that uses xiom vega so I’ll be sure to try his.
Thanks
What is your budget?

Forehand I would recommend either Xiom Vega Pro or Xiom Vega X. Xiom rubbers are not as durable as Butterfly or Yasaka rubber but good enough! And you are not going to break the bank on either Pro or X. I like Pro a bit more. Xiom Vega Pro does play like a toned down Tenergy with much cheaper price point! Heck you can go through 2-3 sheets of Pro (with 30% bulk discount) for one sheet of Tenergy.

Backhand. Let me think about it more before getting back to you. Maybe hybrid rubber like Dignics 09c, K3, Dragon Grip, etc. if you really want to spin the ball on your backhand side?
I’m looking to spend roughly £100. I have a friend with xiom vega pro so I’ll be sure to give his a try.
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
For the BH you could try Vega Japan, for FH, as suggested the Vega Pro (or X my fav.). Alternatively, you could try Rakza X on FH, it is just a very very slightly harder than Vega X, and feels a bit directer. Both have excellent grip.

Maybe Fastarc G1 feels that way to you, because it has a bit harder top-sheet than say Rakza 7, X and Vegas. That would mean you search for slightly softer top-sheet.

You can still get great speed with Rakza 7 but it requires much more effort and bigger strokes. I tend to play quite fast and close to the table so having big strokes can cost me.

In regard to the Fastarc G-1 I just find it very inconsistent for bigger backhand shots. It is difficult to feel the ball and spin it upwards. It is good for drives but for spinny shots or open ups I personally find it difficult to use
Wow, I play with a slow blade with Hurricane 3, and I can get all the speed I want.

It is better to have a slow bat so you learn a proper hard stroke. A too fast bat with a lot of catapult will make you hold back… Too much catapult and easy spin will make your short game go down the tubes. Tenergy 05 FX is a prime example of this…

Rakza 7 is already fast enough and very easy to create spin with. So think twice before changing.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: impluse101
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Thanks.
Just switch the FH to G1 and BH to R7. Now you have a new and better set-up. More speed and spin.

Reactions: iajo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

DHS GoldArc 8 is basically a more offensive Rakza 7 - with similar feel, higher throw, more speed, more spin and great control.
And it's also a great BH rubber.