New bat recommendation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Hello!

I am currently using a wing passion fast blade with sigma xiom 2 rubber on my forehand and a joola energy rubber for my backhand. I started playing table tennis 2 years ago and have had this blade/rubber combination for just over a year.

I am looking at purchasing a new blade however I am unsure which one would be best suited for my playstyle. I like to loop and attack fast, i don't push/defend very often and i am trying to develop an offensive attacking playing style. I would like something faster than my current blade but also enough control so i can continue to develop my strokes. My coach recommended the joola rosskopf force blade, what do you guys think?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Give Ur coach a big Benny Hill salute and go with what he says... After all, he is a real coach and he prolly drinks less than me.

Do you really think drunken monkeys like us on the internet know more than Ur coach ??!!!

I feel ya dude. You play a year or two, grow some, and want to try another good thing. If you can, try some other mates' setups and see how it goes, you might get inspiration, but if you ask jokers on a forum like us, well you might get a wide variety of advice you might have to run through the bull-crap scanner to sort it out haha.

Give a try trying out stuff you can put your hands on and ask a LOT of questions to these mates who play better. Buy them a pint the night prior and it will open things up a bit.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Give Ur coach a big Benny Hill salute and go with what he says... After all, he is a real coach and he prolly drinks less than me.

Do you really think drunken monkeys like us on the internet know more than Ur coach ??!!!

I feel ya dude. You play a year or two, grow some, and want to try another good thing. If you can, try some other mates' setups and see how it goes, you might get inspiration, but if you ask jokers on a forum like us, well you might get a wide variety of advice you might have to run through the bull-crap scanner to sort it out haha.

Give a try trying out stuff you can put your hands on and ask a LOT of questions to these mates who play better. Buy them a pint the night prior and it will open things up a bit.

Thank you, I will ply these superior players with copious amounts of alcohol until they reveal their dark secrets. salute comrade

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As much of a light way I said it, I really feel that principle holds true. I doesn't necessarily require beerz or whatever, sometimes just bringing in something good to eat when the mates are good and hungry for it works, like peanut butter cookies to go with the coach's and top players' coffee. Whatever works for the situation you are in. I mention beerz as an example below.

For real though, oversees or on home soil, time and time again a lot of Soldiers try to save money on their car and drive in a "hooptie ride" which means it is an older car not looking very good and probably prone to breakdown, as it is an old car out of shape. There are military and civilian auto recycling centers around, sometimes it is within the ability of a total car newbie to do something, like replace a tire/wheel that is assembled... often most repairs they are not capable to do and do not have enough tools. Also, hiring a German mechanic, or any mechanic, can get expensive as you pay for every hour of labour.

What Soldiers do is get a friend they know who is either a mechanic or competent/well equipped with what is needed and pay them with BEER, like a "rack" (a plastic box rack that contains 20 of the top beers in the world. Something like replacing the engine would go for 2 racks. A rack of beer can be had easily for 15 Euros. That is probably 1/10 the cost of getting a pro mechanic to do the job and a shrewd move.

It is not like to players got secrets they are "hiding" from a clubmate that apply to getting better, but putting a pint in front of them surely makes them feel better.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For the record, I am not very well versed on Joola blades. I have hit personally with ONLY ONE Joola blade, a hand-me-down Tony Hold White Spot, ironically my first real blade and it is so slow, I do not think light can escape from it. :) I think they made it out of decaying pallet wood it is so soft and feel like it will break with each impact.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You sure are in the mood Der Echte, the part about light not escaping from it is hilarious !!! Anyways, the thumb rule is , submit to what your coach is saying , give him a couple of years and neutrally evaluate on how you are improving. Improving in table tennis does not mean winning matches but means if you are able to put more balls on the table, so net net do as your coach says till you are in a position to judge for yourself which takes a lot of time, perfect advise from Der Echte
For the record, I am not very well versed on Joola blades. I have hit personally with ONLY ONE Joola blade, a hand-me-down Tony Hold White Spot, ironically my first real blade and it is so slow, I do not think light can escape from it. :) I think they made it out of decaying pallet wood it is so soft and feel like it will break with each impact.

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In some places NOT USA, a player is more likely to have an actual real club and coach... So when you actually got a real coach, he/she is likely telling you the real thing. Not everyone goes to a real club and has a real coach, se we do whatever it takes to learn/grow/have fun or whatever our objectives are. TT forums are great things to help this out.

Prolly couldn't do this without a private spy network even 20 years ago.