New BH rubber on Butterfly Primorac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hey together,
I am looking for a new backhand rubber.
My current setup:
Butterfly Primorac Japan (5ply Off- All wood)
FH: Nittaku G1 1.8
BH: Tenergy 25FX 1.7

My backhand is my weaker side, playing an „all round“ style. I use pushing, blocking but also topspin on backspin a lot. Depends on the opponent and game situation.
Most of the time i play my BH strokes near the table. I don’t have the right or good technique to play BH strokes from farer away.

Why am i looking for new BH rubber:
In some cases I am satisfied with the 25FX. It is good when playing topspin on backspin near the table, and also good in blocking.
Where it is not good in my option: short game, service return and the follow up strokes after my first topspin, like drives or hard shots.
I have problems to play follow up
Rallye shots because it then feels mushy and a bit unsecure / soft on my Primorac Japan blade.
As well, i feel, it is sensitive to incoming spin while returning services.

What i would like:
Finding a BH rubbers that has good qualities for near the table BH play. Opening topspin on backspin, good active (hard) and passive blocking qualities, and if possible not so sensitive to spin.

I don’t like rubbers with high catapult effective or too soft rubbers, because my blade (Primorac Jap 90g) is not hard as well.
Because of that i mostly liked Butterfly or Nittaku rubbers.
My current rating is about around 1800 (US) or 1650 (GER).

Thanks a lot for your ideas.
Since you're already using a tenergy, try tenergy 19, best passive abilities out of all the tenergies, great for attacking close and mid distance. Counter attacking to spinny loops.

Reactions: PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Thank you everyone!
Your suggestions help a lot so that I could read enough about these rubbers.

To come to a decision soon:
I would love to play Tenergy 19 on backhand. But as I mentioned, my backhand is my weaker side and technically not ready for a rubber like T19, i guess.
In game situations I don’t play actively all the time. So that I need more „safety“ on this side.
Or is T19 in 1.7 for example also as controlled as Rozena or Glayzer?

At the moment I think to try out Rozena and or Glayzer in 1.9 on my Primorac Japan 90g.
as the Glayzer is a bit harder than the Rozena, can it help playing more passive strokes like pushing, blocking or returning services?
When reading the charts of Butterfly the Rozena should be a bit faster than the Glayzer?
If it is so, I would favor the Glayzer, because as said passive game play control is a factor for me.
For plying the first BH topspin on backspin the Rozena should be easier to play?

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I can give you answers about Glayzer/Rozena very soon cause I've them ready to glue on my Korbel Japan in the BH side.
Also the thickness is the same you 're referring, I've bought Glayzer 1.9mm and Rozena 2.1mm.
Yesterday I tried Glayzer 2.1mm on my friend SK Carbon blade. It was decent fast and controlled both on topspin against backspin and passive game. I'll give a more detailed review anyway, yesterday it was a quick test.

Reactions: PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hello everyone,
I was able to try out the Rozena on my backhand.
The rubber really fits well for what I am looking for.
it is easy to produce spin with a short stroke (my weak backhand), and also has a little catapult effect which helps me in some situations.
the offensive potential is high enough.
what i really like a lot is the service return. It is not sensitive to incoming spin and it is really easy to play an active ball against the service.

the only thing I have to adjust more in the future is the blocking game.
for me the rubber makes some curve and the balls tend to go high and long. It seems to me that I always have to play active blocks instead of passive ones? this is new for me, because I am used to passive blocking game 😅

Reactions: riemsesy
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I made my current choice based on suggestions on this forum and I now use G1 2.0mm on FH and Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm (classic version) on BH. Control of the Aurus is amazing. I used FX-S for a while and I thought Tibhar products were just hyped garbage. I'm now impressed how good the Aurus rubber is.
YES.

And this rubber has been on market almost as long as Tenergy.
You can make every shot with ease using Aurus... it just will not be number one ranked in any category of shot, but damned close... for its versatility, there is argument that it is tops or near it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
YES.

And this rubber has been on market almost as long as Tenergy.
You can make every shot with ease using Aurus... it just will not be number one ranked in any category of shot, but damned close... for its versatility, there is argument that it is tops or near it.
How would you compare Aurus Soft to Bluestorm Z3 which you also used to use and like? In terms of everything. As they both seems to be classified as medium-soft and favorable on BH side. Durability, ease of use, etc.. I'm now playing Z3 on BH and really like it but not have it/or use it for a quite long time to talk about durability. For sure the advantages of Aurus Soft is price compared to Z3 as it is cheaper ~$10 per sheet based on retail price.