New BH rubber on Butterfly Primorac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hey together,
I am looking for a new backhand rubber.
My current setup:
Butterfly Primorac Japan (5ply Off- All wood)
FH: Nittaku G1 1.8
BH: Tenergy 25FX 1.7

My backhand is my weaker side, playing an „all round“ style. I use pushing, blocking but also topspin on backspin a lot. Depends on the opponent and game situation.
Most of the time i play my BH strokes near the table. I don’t have the right or good technique to play BH strokes from farer away.

Why am i looking for new BH rubber:
In some cases I am satisfied with the 25FX. It is good when playing topspin on backspin near the table, and also good in blocking.
Where it is not good in my option: short game, service return and the follow up strokes after my first topspin, like drives or hard shots.
I have problems to play follow up
Rallye shots because it then feels mushy and a bit unsecure / soft on my Primorac Japan blade.
As well, i feel, it is sensitive to incoming spin while returning services.

What i would like:
Finding a BH rubbers that has good qualities for near the table BH play. Opening topspin on backspin, good active (hard) and passive blocking qualities, and if possible not so sensitive to spin.

I don’t like rubbers with high catapult effective or too soft rubbers, because my blade (Primorac Jap 90g) is not hard as well.
Because of that i mostly liked Butterfly or Nittaku rubbers.
My current rating is about around 1800 (US) or 1650 (GER).

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Thanks a lot.
The G1 that I play on my forehand is to fast for my weaker BH.

Yes i read a bit of the Rozena, but was never able to try it out.
My concern with Rozena is that some users say it is nearly as fast as some Tenergy rubbers. And this would be a problem for me i guess. That’s why i play the T25fx, it is a lot slower then the other Tenergy rubbers.
Why would Rozena suit my style of play perfectly in your opinion?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Thanks a lot.
The G1 that I play on my forehand is to fast for my weaker BH.

Yes i read a bit of the Rozena, but was never able to try it out.
My concern with Rozena is that some users say it is nearly as fast as some Tenergy rubbers. And this would be a problem for me i guess. That’s why i play the T25fx, it is a lot slower then the other Tenergy rubbers.
Why would Rozena suit my style of play perfectly in your opinion?
My friend has Tenergy 05, It is faster than Rozena by a good margin. Rozena is less spin sensitive, it makes passive play easy close to the table. It is medium hardness that isn't overly bouncy. I'd say that fits ur description of what you want almost perfectly. Tho it does lack spin in the rally, Acuda s2 doesn't have this.

Another vote for Accuda S2 or Accuda blue P2. I would think T25FX would be a night mate in the slow game just like T05FX is.
If Your backhand is weak you need a little more speed and a little less spin which translates to spin sensitivity.
For me those two rubbers are perfect. Not much difference between them, maybe accuda blue feels little softer.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Thanks a lot for further help.

@Lazer
Why do you (also) think that a 25FX is a nightmare on a 5ply wood like my Primorac?
I really had no good feeling in this combination.

@Topspinslinger
Thank you, this helps a lot.
Guess i have to try a sheet of Rozena.

—-

Now as I read more about the opportunities, I also found the Butterfly Glayzer.
How would the normal Glayzer compare to the Rozena?
What i read, the normal Glayzer could also fit as a backhand rubber for my style of play?

This user has no status.
If you want to improve in the short game, a tacky rubber could help, maybe Glayser 09c.

I have Dignics 09c, which is very good in the short game, so i guess Glayser 09c is just a watered down version of it. However, no guarantees with it, as i have also heard it is hard to use.

Or you could use this post as an excuse to get Glayser 09c😎.

This user has no status.

@Lazer
Why do you (also) think that a 25FX is a nightmare on a 5ply wood like my Primorac?

@Topspinslinger

—-

What i read, the normal Glayzer could also fit as a backhand rubber for my style of play?
Glayzer is harder, has a higher maximum speed and is less spin sensitive than Rozena, but it’s harder to create spin and speed. I’d use that on backhand instead of Glayzer09c as it’s more dynamic. The harness is between dignics05 and tenergy05. Also, I don’t recommend donic rubbers as their durability is terrible

Reactions: PaddyPolar

@Lazer

@Topspinslinger

—-

Because it’s a Tenergy and soft Tenergy is catapulty and spin sensitive. I have not tried T25(FX) but I used to play T05 FH and T05FX BH. Wonderful combo for offensive gave but hellish short game.
My guess is that though T25 is slower it’s still spin sensitive (probably en more so) and catapulty. The blade doesn’t matter much, just grades in hell.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

@Lazer

@Topspinslinger

—-

Glayzer i tried for a solid 7/8 hours, take it with a grain of salt.

Let's say rozena speed is a 10 in rating, Glayzer is 13. And spin is around 12. It is a slight upgrade in the speed and spin category.

Glayzer has a harder sponge that is slightly less forgiving in blocking and passive play. But better during the rally and countering.
Serve and return are easier with Rozena, slightly more dwell.

The control is just around the same, but in different aspects.

Reactions: Fedex78