New blade advice ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
New blade advice 🙏

Hello guys,

I have a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 hard on FH and Dignics 05 on BH.
Before I had a Waldner Senso Ultra Carbón with T05 on FH and T05 FX on BH.

I enjoyed both of my previous blades, the control con the Waldner Senso and the power on the Timo Boll ALC

I’m going to be in a great store in Barcelona and I’m thinking on getting a couple new blades since it got better prices than my city.

So far I’m between these, I want to buy 2 blades, one with good control and speed and other that’s more fast.

Nittaku Acoustic (tried this with a victas on FH rakza z on BH and loved the feel)
Butterfly Primorac Carbon (tried this one and felt a real good speed but not sure how controlable is)
Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC (curious about this one)
Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC (curious about this ZLC technology)

I’m a aggressive close/mid to table player. I give a lot of spin/power on my FH and prefer more curvy shots than direct ones.

Any thoughts on what next blades I can get of those? I’m also planning on buying a Dignics 09c to try it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
If you want two then get the Acoustic and one of the others. The others are all much faster so less different from each other, and less interesting of a comparison for you.

Probably for the second one I would try to ZJK SZLC because you already have an ALC and want to test the ZLC composition. That will give you the widest range of speed/control variation around your TB ALC.

This user has no status.

Hello guys,

I have a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 hard on FH and Dignics 05 on BH.
Before I had a Waldner Senso Ultra Carbón with T05 on FH and T05 FX on BH.

I enjoyed both of my previous blades, the control con the Waldner Senso and the power on the Timo Boll ALC

I’m going to be in a great store in Barcelona and I’m thinking on getting a couple new blades since it got better prices than my city.

So far I’m between these, I want to buy 2 blades, one with good control and speed and other that’s more fast.

Nittaku Acoustic (tried this with a victas on FH rakza z on BH and loved the feel)
Butterfly Primorac Carbon (tried this one and felt a real good speed but not sure how controlable is)
Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC (curious about this one)
Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC (curious about this ZLC technology)

I’m a aggressive close/mid to table player. I give a lot of spin/power on my FH and prefer more curvy shots than direct ones.

Any thoughts on what next blades I can get of those? I’m also planning on buying a Dignics 09c to try it.

Thanks!
The Acoustic's a flexible blade, with great touch and feel (the Acoustic Carbon, and Carbon Inner are a bit faster and good blades too). Therefore, it's a great blade for harder fast rubbers, like Tenergy Hard and Dignics 05. Get max thickness rubber for speed and spin. The TB ALC is noticeably stiffer and faster. I understand the Primorac's very stiff, so it's not ideal for many players.

You haven't said much about your game, so we can't consider your skill level, or your style of play.

Note that because the Viscaria Super ALC is a new blade, you'll be able to resell it for a good price, since no other used blades are on the market.

Reactions: Caskal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I believe you should stick to Timo Boll ALC, far the most popular blade in the world. If not, then Viscaria.

I’m really happy with Timo Boll ALC, took me a while to get used, but I’m visiting a great table tennis shop in Europe (in on my honeymoon currently and thinking in table tennis 🤪) so I want to pick a couple blades and rubbers since got great stock and prices, as well as for further testing.

viscaria you mean the normal or new super alc?

thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I play with a Viscaria and also have an Acoustic - I think you’ll find the Acoustic lacking in pace given what you’re used to and looking for. It certainly has control and feel though.

I'm also keen to try Viscaria Super ALC.
Not sure why my previous post isn’t showing.

forgot to mention the Nittaku acoustic on the shop is the one without inner / outer carbon.

im afraid of having that feel of lack of power, I wonder if viscaria / acoustic might be similar to the waldner senso ultra carbon I had previously? That one had good control but not as fast as timo boll alc.

thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
If you want two then get the Acoustic and one of the others. The others are all much faster so less different from each other, and less interesting of a comparison for you.

Probably for the second one I would try to ZJK SZLC because you already have an ALC and want to test the ZLC composition. That will give you the widest range of speed/control variation around your TB ALC.
Thanks Brs! Makes sense.

somebody told me that ZJK isn’t worth for the price, but heard great things about it, lin yu zlc is another one that seems good, I might go with something like you mentioned to have variety to test. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
The Acoustic's a flexible blade, with great touch and feel (the Acoustic Carbon, and Carbon Inner are a bit faster and good blades too). Therefore, it's a great blade for harder fast rubbers, like Tenergy Hard and Dignics 05. Get max thickness rubber for speed and spin. The TB ALC is noticeably stiffer and faster. I understand the Primorac's very stiff, so it's not ideal for many players.

You haven't said much about your game, so we can't consider your skill level, or your style of play.

Note that because the Viscaria Super ALC is a new blade, you'll be able to resell it for a good price, since no other used blades are on the market.

Seems I can’t post links yet, but the nittaku acoustic available on the shop is the one without inner/outer carbon, I wonder if will be too slow compared with timo boll alc?

good tip on the types of rubbers for the nittaku, thank you!

i heard the viscaria súper alc got more direct shots than spin/curvy, not sure since I didn’t tested, but I prefer curvy shots.

regarding my skills, I’m an intermediate player, been playing for 3 years but pretty intensive, 3/4 hours per day, 6 days a week at least, both with coach and with robot at home, my strength is my drive, spinny and fast, my backhand isn’t good but I’m getting better, also good at doing bh flick and blocking, but mostly I attack on the 3 ball from close/mid distance.

if I get the Nittaku for a non alc / control, what would you recommend as a fast blade but also with control, maybe a zlc one or the viscaria súper alc?

thanks!

Last edited:
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews

I’m really happy with Timo Boll ALC, took me a while to get used, but I’m visiting a great table tennis shop in Europe (in on my honeymoon currently and thinking in table tennis 🤪) so I want to pick a couple blades and rubbers since got great stock and prices, as well as for further testing.

viscaria you mean the normal or new super alc?

thanks!

You might want to get the normal new Super ALC. Have read some good things about it in German, definitely a boosted Viscaria, but looks nice. You may give it a try. That keeps some of its prior flexibility while maitining high speed.

Reactions: Caskal

You might try it out, a flexible yet quick blade, not to mention it is light.

The Butterfly Innerforce ZLC is good for flat hits - not for a spinny game which the OP mentioned he likes more than flat hitting. For looping (spinny game), either a classical 5 ply pure wood or ALC is the way to go.