New Blade and Rubber coming for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
I'd like to thank this forum for teaching me enough about TT gear so I can stop thinking about it. I have realize that Im not good at picking this things myself, so in my head I always wonder if I made a mistake with the rubber or blade when i play.

I read good post from UpsideDownCarl and others here about the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood. So I get that blade and have Xiom Vega Pro and Vega Europe in 2.0 both sides coming early next week. From here, I just continue with coaching and get better. Anyone using this blade or rubber feel free to post in thread about your experience. I am currently rated 1200. I think going back to 2.0 will be good for me and will keep paddle lighter. I also find that chinese rubber is very unforgiving for me. Even though I play well enough to beat 1600 level player sometimes, i find that I have too many up and down days with this rubber and not enough consistency. I am hoping the new blade and rubber (along with my training) can help get me back to the steady play I know I can do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Vega Euro is very easy to play with, it was my backhand rubber for almost a year. Vega Pro is not as challenging as H3/TG3, but still feels pretty hard, so you'd better move your feet fast to get into a good position!

Anyway, good luck with your new setup and you training. You have coaching, and this is the most important thing, it means that you will grow fast no matter what equipment you're using.

Reactions: SpinWins
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hi Spin, I'm an intermediate player and recently asked for advice on bat setup on this forum, I was given good advice by upsidedown Carl and nextlevel, they also recommended the same blade and a couple of others, including the yasaka sweden extra, which I decided to go with, and I have the vega pro as f/h and vega Europe as b/h both in 2.0. I can honestly say it's improved my game as I have a lot more control, and consistency in my game, and I'm still able to generate lots of spin. The rubbers are very forgiving, (more than what I actually anticipated) Overall a very good all round combination lots of control with lots of spin, very easy to play with. As the blade I'm using is similar to the stratus wood, I would say you should experience the same characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Hi Spin, I'm an intermediate player and recently asked for advice on bat setup on this forum, I was given good advice by upsidedown Carl and nextlevel, they also recommended the same blade and a couple of others, including the yasaka sweden extra, which I decided to go with, and I have the vega pro as f/h and vega Europe as b/h both in 2.0. I can honestly say it's improved my game as I have a lot more control, and consistency in my game, and I'm still able to generate lots of spin. The rubbers are very forgiving, (more than what I actually anticipated) Overall a very good all round combination lots of control with lots of spin, very easy to play with. As the blade I'm using is similar to the stratus wood, I would say you should experience the same characteristics.

great to read and thank you for sharing your good experience!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I wonder how many combinations of rubbers and blades there are :cool:

Good luck with your new setup SpinWins. Go Carl!

It is easy to count using the http://www.tabletennisdb.com/.
It contains review of 1522 blades and 990 + 253 =1243 rubbers. So the total number of combinations is 1522 * [choose 2 from 1243] = 1 174 836 366.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Play with new blade today. I know it is new, but I already notice a difference. Much easier to loop on FH. The impact feel softer. YEO is a hard feeling and the the Tibhar soft feel makes the ball feel like it dwell longer on my rubber. I won my first match with strong FH loop that I was missing a lot with YEO.

Also the handle is much better to me. My hand naturally go into the proper shake hand grip after the serve. This was another problem I had with the YEO.Very happy to have made this change so far.