New DHS “A” fibre in DHS 506a or PG6a blades. Any info about it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
DHS Power G3T and Power G3Z blade also nothing any information found online about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
There really is not much info about any of them.
Usually DHS uses their "aromatic-carbon" (aramid-carbon?) thing for their blades, this 506A might be the so called arylate carbon which is basically vectran carbon's fancy name. For DHS arylate would be a "new" material.

I also have some doubt that the Z version is ZLC or PBO-C since it's quite slow compared to the T version. I don't see how a triple weave aramid + zylon + carbon would be so much faster than a blade that has classical ZLC. And this is assuming that the T version has zylon... The T version is actually quite fast so that wouldn't surprise me but the Z version is slow.

The X version is simple, just thicker core and thinner medial ply.

This user has no status.
There really is not much info about any of them.
Usually DHS uses their "aromatic-carbon" (aramid-carbon?) thing for their blades, this 506A might be the so called arylate carbon which is basically vectran carbon's fancy name. For DHS arylate would be a "new" material.

I also have some doubt that the Z version is ZLC or PBO-C since it's quite slow compared to the T version. I don't see how a triple weave aramid + zylon + carbon would be so much faster than a blade that has classical ZLC. And this is assuming that the T version has zylon... The T version is actually quite fast so that wouldn't surprise me but the Z version is slow.

The X version is simple, just thicker core and thinner medial ply.
Z versions are definitely not ZLC, don’t feel like that. The “A” could be Arylate carbon, because it’s more expensive than its “X” counterparts but DHS does use Arylate carbon (ALC) in their higher tier blades, maybe in their lower tier ones as well.

This user has no status.
Actually, I’ve read about it on Baidu and it says that it’s from the same family as the blue acrylic carbon used in Long 5 and others but it’s different. It’s something called polyaromatic or polycyclic aromatic fibre. I’m not really familiar with them. If somebody is good at chemistry they can explain.

This user has no status.
probably like zl fiber, like zylon without the carbon. some kind of cheap fiber.. maybe also found in "carbon" premade rackets?
They’re not that cheap. Most are Aramid that which is used in a lot of German-made rackets. Also zylon is mainly used in butterfly blades and they export it in limited amounts so I don’t think they use that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I ordered 1 506A direct from China, in this video i compare its fiber layer with 301Z, i see Z-fiber is "yellow" color, A-fiber is "yellow with more whiteish" color.

I am testing it to see the different with 301Z, both blade all at 87-88gram, rubber is same (729 Bloom Power 45deg)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I ordered 1 506A direct from China, in this video i compare its fiber layer with 301Z, i see Z-fiber is "yellow" color, A-fiber is "yellow with more whiteish" color.

I am testing it to see the different with 301Z, both blade all at 87-88gram, rubber is same (729 Bloom Power 45deg)

looks same to my eyes.
I always find honesty very very refreshing

Attachments

• IMG20230728074122 copy.jpg
    IMG20230728074122 copy.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
looks same to my eyes
In video it very hard to see, i took the picture for easier
1702610917211.jpeg

For 506A, it has too little information, but wonderfully ttgearlab commented in this article that he will do 1 article for 506A in future.

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
In video it very hard to see, i took the picture for easier
View attachment 27759

For 506A, it has too little information, but wonderfully ttgearlab commented in this article that he will do 1 article for 506A in future.

What about DHS POWER G7X blade, any information or review of this blade.

Thank you sir.
Best regards,