New member of the Sanwei 75 series, RED arylate carbon. What do you think?

This user has no status.
They say it’s basically better in every aspect than blue arylate. What do you think? Is it bs or actually true? I’ve never seen red ALC before. Also, the core is Tung, which is also unique in the series.
IMG_1119.png
IMG_1118.png
IMG_1117.png

Attachments

• IMG_1112.png
    IMG_1112.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
This user has no status.
“tung: (Vernicia fordii) used as inner plies; the wood of the tree is lightweight and strong, and is sometimes used as a substitute for balsa or basswood.
e.g., Nittaku Acoustic, Joola Guo”

it says otherwise here

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
“tung: (Vernicia fordii) used as inner plies; the wood of the tree is lightweight and strong, and is sometimes used as a substitute for balsa or basswood.
e.g., Nittaku Acoustic, Joola Guo”

it says otherwise here
remarkable.. don't understand why @hipnotic thinks they're the same kind of wood with a different name.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
remarkable.. don't understand why @hipnotic thinks they're the same kind of wood with a different name.
From what I gather, the wood people are referring to as "tung" in the TT world isn't actually tung but a hybrid Chinese wood called "shan tong." Info about the wood is here: https://paulownia.pro/en/paulownia-shan-tong/

Note that the website states that shan tong is an artificially created hybrid made from paulownia tomentosa. That species is what Japanese refer to as "kiri."

So one theory is that this new Chinese made kiri hybrid called tong was mistakenly transliterated as tung. Tung is a tree that is well known for its oil and sounds similar. But tung doesn't seem to be used for lumber.

If you search for "tung lumber," you get results for buying paulownia wood from China, suggesting that they aren't selling tung but the hybrid tong wood. So this is some evidence supporting this theory.

Even if I'm way off base here one takeaway is that the blade manufacturers are using shorthand when they indicate a type of wood. In reality there are many different hybrids and variants in the lumber industry since they are constantly engineering wood to be easier to grow, more resistant to disease, and changing the properties to be more suitable to the lumber's intended use.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
They say it’s basically better in every aspect than blue arylate. What do you think? Is it bs or actually true?
My vote goes to BS . Green, blue, red ,yellow brown or whatever it is just a different dye and the rest is sales -BS. 🤣

I got a blade from Hypnotic that has got some red stuff in it which brings me to the next BS, Aramid, Kevlar ,Arylate etc etc etc. what difference does it make ? In the end I still have not managed to beat MaLong 🤣🤣🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Guys, tongmu is hanyu pinyi (phonics in Chinese) which translate to Paulownia (aka kiri)
Thanks for the confirmation!

If anything this mixup mightve shed some light on the bizarre mystery of why it's been believed that the Nittaku Acoustic and no other blade has a tung tree core. I'm heavily leaning towards it just being kiri (or at least some paulownia variety).

This user has no status.
Thanks for the confirmation!

If anything this mixup mightve shed some light on the bizarre mystery of why it's been believed that the Nittaku Acoustic and no other blade has a tung tree core. I'm heavily leaning towards it just being kiri (or at least some paulownia variety).
By the Paulownia exclusion principle, the core can't be both tung and kiri ;)
(sorry, been watching lots of Big Bang re-runs lately)

• Haha
Reactions: riemsesy
says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
My vote goes to BS . Green, blue, red ,yellow brown or whatever it is just a different dye and the rest is sales -BS. 🤣

I got a blade from Hypnotic that has got some red stuff in it which brings me to the next BS, Aramid, Kevlar ,Arylate etc etc etc. what difference does it make ? In the end I still have not managed to beat MaLong 🤣🤣🤣
No,no,no,no.

Its like the rgb in computer fans. Red gives more power, Blue is for control(cooling) and Green is like 50/50 of both. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
No,no,no,no.

Its like the rgb in computer fans. Red gives more power, Blue is for control(cooling) and Green is like 50/50 of both. :LOL:
Nah it's like mechanical keyboard MX switches. Blue is the loudest and most 'clicky' sounding. Red is more linear and more quiet. You use red when you want to play TT at night when your wife is in the same room sleeping.