New Rule of the "toxic rubbers".

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
NEW RULE is to prevent the many frauds oncoming.
TOXIC RUBBERS NEED TOXIC COLORATION (conspicious tints).

The core idea is to preclude those players with anti / long pips from taking unmerited advantage too much, by using different colours alternately.
The new rule states as follows
— Anti's all to be in BRIGHT PURPLE
— Long Pips all to be in TOXIC GREEN

NO OTHER COLOURS ADMISSIBLE.

FINAL_table1_draft-10.jpg

Last edited:
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I'm sorry, but this idea is a huge pile of cr*p. There is no such thing as "toxic" rubbers. Anti and Pips are for a different style. These rubber don't give you "unfair" advantage, their mechanisms and principles are different. They are as fair to use as anything else approved by ITTF. People should stop complaining about these rubbers and willing to change the "world" by having them removed from the repertoire, as it's never going to happen. Also, there is no point of having introduced a one-color rule only, as it is already forbidden to feature the same colors or a racket without a black rubber.

Reactions: merlin el mago
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
It looks at you are taking what Igor said as serious.
Then again I would be the least surprised if ITTF passed this 10 change after 1983

BTW all those DMS rubbers (or any long pips on ITTF LARC) are functionally pure garbage in teh 40+ plastic ball ONLY era.
I never take Igor says seriously, but there is other people whatching & can get confused....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm sorry, but this idea is a huge pile of cr*p. There is no such thing as "toxic" rubbers. Anti and Pips are for a different style. These rubber don't give you "unfair" advantage, their mechanisms and principles are different. They are as fair to use as anything else approved by ITTF. People should stop complaining about these rubbers and willing to change the "world" by having them removed from the repertoire, as it's never going to happen. Also, there is no point of having introduced a one-color rule only, as it is already forbidden to feature the same colors or a racket without a black rubber.
igor has unique rules in his motherland, maybe it is too much vodka

he once said the ruling for service toss is something like 30cm
i really laugh out loud