Nittaku Violin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hello guys,

I was wondering if the Bluefire and JP series, in particular the M1, M2, M1 Turbo, JP 01 and JP 01 Turbo would suit the Nittaku Violin? I've never had a chance to have a hit with the blade and I'm afraid that the above rubbers won't have enough speed when it comes to mid-distance looping.

Lastly, would softer or harder rubbers be more fitting with this blade?

Thanks for your responses.

This user has no status.
Whats the blade weight? I got one here, weights around 90. It is plenty fast. Tried with Rakza 7, Omega IV Asia and P7. For me the best experience was the hard sponge/soft topsheet from Omega. Tons of spin and control but due blade's flex is required some effort to control mid distance loops. Other than that, perfect setup :eek:
For Donics rubbers, id say Acuda S2/Blue would be good. The blade has a very high throw, with Bluefire it might be too much. But thats for your liking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks for your reply. I haven't purchased the blade yet, but I'm considering it.

Preferably I'd like to stick with the Bluefire series because I really like them, I will keep what you've said in mind though.

:)

This user has no status.
it's a little hard as it's quite subjective in style of play whether the violin setup would have enough speed on mid-distance looping or not. if malong could use it... he used violin for a time while he was junior then moved to acoustic and moved to something else later on...

perhaps if you could tell us what blade and/or rubber you're using now we can help better in comparing them.

having said that, in general, it would have enough speed, albeit not blazing fast, especially mid-distance.

i used to use hard to med-soft rubbers on it just fine, so just a matter or preference mostly,,,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks for the reply.

I don't really have a bat at the moment, hence why I'm looking into a new set up.

There was this one particular combination I really liked, it was the Butterfly Sardius with Bluefire M3 on forehand and JP 03 on backhand. Looping mid distance was effortless (especially backhand loop). The pairing of the hard Sardius blade with the soft M3 and JP 03 really works well. I wonder if a soft blade (violin) and hard rubbers (M1 etc) could replicate the same effect.

Ideally, I can just go ahead and purchase the Sardius set up but I'd rather have something different.

I have actually tried an Acoustic with M3 on forehand and JP 03 on backhand and really liked it, but again, I want to try something different and not have the same set up as others.

: D

This user has no status.
well, sardius and violin is night and day...
you tried acoustic, violin would not be too far from it... compared to acoustic the violin would be slightly harder, slightly slower... some would say the violin is a bit faster than acoustic, but i think this would account for heavier violin vs lighter acoustic.

here are my older acoustic and violin
old acoustic violin.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I think violin generally suits any kind of rubber. I've used H3Neo with it and it was great. I've used Tenergy 05 with it and it was great. Same thing applies to xiom vega euro as well.

I personally would recommend Tibhar evolution series over the donics due to durability. MX-P for FH and EL-P for BH for me is an excellent combination.

Reactions: Paccheco