Olah Benedek (Finland)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
E5331DCA-3C14-4F01-AF99-FD743A18B106.jpg

Olah Benedek (Finland) (born 29 March 1991 in Kalajoki, Finland) is a Finnish athlete of Hungarian origin, player of the Finnish national table tennis team. He took part in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio da Janeiro, where he reached the 1/32 finals. Bronze medalist in singles at the Northern European Championships 2012.

Multiple winner of the Finnish national championships, and also won the Finlandia Open tournament twice (2019, 2023).

Biography of the player who won the Finlandia Open tournament for the second time on Sunday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Biography of the player who won the Finlandia Open tournament for the second time on Sunday.

All this data about Benedek's date of birth, ancestry, nationality, and so on is totally meaningless.

Next, you're gonna start banging on about his obvious skill, and the fact that he's trained, under the eye of an expert coach, for 20 out of every 24 hours ever since he was three years old.

All that matters is to know what blade, rubbers, glue, and booster he uses. Without that info, how can you possibly expect me to have as good a backhand as he does.

Come on, man, be serious.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
All this data about Benedek's date of birth, ancestry, nationality, and so on is totally meaningless.

Next, you're gonna start banging on about his obvious skill, and the fact that he's trained, under the eye of an expert coach, for 20 out of every 24 hours ever since he was three years old.

All that matters is to know what blade, rubbers, glue, and booster he uses. Without that info, how can you possibly expect me to have as good a backhand as he does.

Come on, man, be serious.
If you look closely at the tag, at the end there is a link to its equipment ... so it’s your reproaches that are somehow rather meaningless

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
If you look closely at the tag, at the end there is a link to its equipment ... so it’s your reproaches that are somehow rather meaningless

My friend! You misunderstood my joke!

I wasn't having a go at you. I was being sarcastic, and having a playful dig at all those who are only ever interested in what equipment the pro players use—as if using the same equipment will somehow make them play much better.

I'm sorry my joke offended you—I certainly didn't mean to do that.

I suppose I should've realised that humour translates differently across different cultures, and so my attempt at a joke was open to misinterpretation on an international forum such as this. As an immigrant here in the UK, I've had plenty of experience of being misunderstood in that way.

Again, my apologies.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
My friend! You misunderstood my joke!

I wasn't having a go at you. I was being sarcastic, and having a playful dig at all those who are only ever interested in what equipment the pro players use—as if using the same equipment will somehow make them play much better.

I'm sorry my joke offended you—I certainly didn't mean to do that.

I suppose I should've realised that humour translates differently across different cultures, and so my attempt at a joke was open to misinterpretation on an international forum such as this. As an immigrant here in the UK, I've had plenty of experience of being misunderstood in that way.

Again, my apologies.
Oi! Mate, where is the tag? I want to know his equipment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Manto76