Olympics 2012

Who is going to be crowned Olympic champion in 2012?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Samsonov

• Wang Liqin

• Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I know this isn't an unique view, but I think Ma Long or Xu Xin will be the two who play for China, with Ma Long winning in the finals. Since China is only allowed to send 2 players now instead of three, they will probably go with two players with very different styles, that way if someone has an advantage against one of the styles, he will probably lose to the other. Ma Long by 2012 will be right in the middle of his prime period, so I really don't see anyone other than a Chinese player having a good change of winning it. Mizutani would probably be the only one with a chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
For sure someone on the Chinese team is going to win the gold medal. I hope it's Xu Xin he's got more variety than Ma Long and is really good at predicting where the balls going to be. Hopefully by 2012 his looping game will be better than Ma Longs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I would probably say that in terms of forehand looping, Xu Xin is already better than Ma Long. Its just that his backhand is way worse than Ma Long's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I voted for Ma Long. If I would predict results, I would say Ma Long over Wang Hao in the finals. Wang is 2nd AGAIN LOL

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
don't you know we are going to be in the Ice Age in 2012 with the world ending and with that the US will finally be a competitor in the Olympics? I KID! lol it's totally going to be Jun Mizutani

Haha lets not even go into all that illuninati conspiracies :DDD

@ AllezCho... no Wang Hao cant be 2nd again ... he must win it third time lucky :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Depending on the performance of the Chinese players in the remaining tournaments in the run up to the Olympics, with WTTC 2011 being the big one, the final choice for Liu Guoliang can still change up to the very last minute. Judging on how the players are doing at the moment, I would still go for Wang Hao and Ma Long being picked for the Singles, with Ma Long winning it eventually. I still think Zhang Jike is a very strong contender, but there are only 2 places.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
it's still too early to tell. who knows who will come out in 2 years time. a whole new monster could come out, but i'm still gunning for ma long. he's awesome!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ok i,m thinking out the box i really like Timo Boll,Ma long i predict there is going to be some major upsets and i say just a couple of new faces will emerge dont sleep on Apolonia,Samsanov,hmmm i,m just saying!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I voted for Ma Long. If I would predict results, I would say Ma Long over Wang Hao in the finals. Wang is 2nd AGAIN LOL
Like Holland being 2nd in the World Cup 3 times?!
It is quite early to pick, but I'd say ZJK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
If not an injure occurs i think Ma Long will win Either Zhang Jike or Wang Hao in the final

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
Vamos timo!!!