Omega 7 Asia Fh on 5 ply all wood allround blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I used Omega 7 Asia on a Petr Korbel. Overall it's great. I think Omega 7 Asia and Tour are mostly improvements over 7 Pro and Euro which, while great, can be a little bouncy close to the table and in the short game. 7 Asia also doesn't feel as hard as many other 52.5 degree sponges. It has a very durable sponge that eventually plateau's into a very nice feeling with medium-fast speed and never changes properties after that point. So the sponge maintains its characteristics while the topsheet slowly and evenly wears out. So I don't think you realistically can ask for more in regards to durability.

Hurricane and tacky rubbers will always be better at slow openers but 7 Asia on a Korbel is still pretty good at it. The lack of carbon in the blade helps with the dwell time. But for speed, all of the Omega 7 rubbers are capable of extremely high speed and power straight out of the package while Hurricane needs HEAVY boosting to be anything comparable. Meaning 7 Asia definitely requires less effort to get speed out of it.

says Inner Carbon is King
Jun 2023
I used Omega 7 Asia on a Petr Korbel. Overall it's great. I think Omega 7 Asia and Tour are mostly improvements over 7 Pro and Euro which, while great, can be a little bouncy close to the table and in the short game. 7 Asia also doesn't feel as hard as many other 52.5 degree sponges. It has a very durable sponge that eventually plateau's into a very nice feeling with medium-fast speed and never changes properties after that point. So the sponge maintains its characteristics while the topsheet slowly and evenly wears out. So I don't think you realistically can ask for more in regards to durability.

Hurricane and tacky rubbers will always be better at slow openers but 7 Asia on a Korbel is still pretty good at it. The lack of carbon in the blade helps with the dwell time. But for speed, all of the Omega 7 rubbers are capable of extremely high speed and power straight out of the package while Hurricane needs HEAVY boosting to be anything comparable. Meaning 7 Asia definitely requires less effort to get speed out of it.
Thanks. Have you got any thoughts on a faster opening loop and counterspin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Thanks. Have you got any thoughts on a faster opening loop and counterspin?
A faster opening loop requires less effort with any tensor style rubber like Omega 7 Asia compared to Hurricane. Omega 7 Asia is especially good at counter loops and can produce very strong spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
omega 7 asia is good on bh. I have about 1500 TTR (dunno how that translates to USATT) and can use it no problem. actually I have been using o7a for about 2 months now on bh, playing 4x a week.

the topsheet is soft so lifting backspin is actually really easy, maybe flicking can be tougher but you just need solid acceleration, which comes from practise.

of course you can use softer rubbers and flicking will be easier, but then short game will be harder. so it comes down to preference.

you get used to the hardness and it feels natural then. its not dead like h3 and so on, so if you want to use it just use it, but then stick to it.

Reactions: TackyForehand
Jun 2023
omega 7 asia is good on bh. I have about 1500 TTR (dunno how that translates to USATT) and can use it no problem. actually I have been using o7a for about 2 months now on bh, playing 4x a week.

the topsheet is soft so lifting backspin is actually really easy, maybe flicking can be tougher but you just need solid acceleration, which comes from practise.

of course you can use softer rubbers and flicking will be easier, but then short game will be harder. so it comes down to preference.

you get used to the hardness and it feels natural then. its not dead like h3 and so on, so if you want to use it just use it, but then stick to it.
Hows the rubber holding up? Would you say it plays similar still to when u first got it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Hows the rubber holding up? Would you say it plays similar still to when u first got it?
Similar for sure, I guess there is always some reduction in spin in the main hitting area of the rubber, but thats the case for every rubber.

I think I played for o7a for roughly 70 hours now? Still good to play, I will probably play it for another month. The topsheet is very durable imo. Note that of course there is visible wear on the rubber after that many hours in, but it still spins well enough for me, that is intermediate level.

Reactions: DOMZ56
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Similar for sure, I guess there is always some reduction in spin in the main hitting area of the rubber, but thats the case for every rubber.

I think I played with o7a for roughly 70 hours now? Still good to play, I will probably play it for another month. The topsheet is very durable imo. Note that of course there is visible wear on the rubber after that many hours in, but it still spins well enough for me, that is intermediate level.