Opinions on this setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I play with a TB ALC with G1 on the backhand. Tried many things, keep coming back to it. You should be fine.

Reactions: TTPassion
I believe that the Fastarc G1 is one of the most all-round rubbers around,it's not to fast but has the ability to keep on giving even when your game keeps on improving.plus it must be one of the most durable rubbers out there,never tried Razka 7 but I'm using Razka Z at the moment and am really happy!!! Amazing consistency on my F.H loops with tons of Spin !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
If there is a difference.
true. imo, how a blade feels is very subjective. you can only find out by trying. for example, i recently tried a Freitas ALC. The weight (89g) was heavier than what i usually prefer, but the blade felt very balanced and comfortable for me.

Hi all.

Was just wondering if this setup would work well together.

Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1
BH: Rakza 7
I think there are more modern options instead of rakza 7 for the price
but still a perfectly fine setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Im sure it would work, but your current setup looks fine too.

What do you feel you are missing out on with your current setup? If we know why you want to change then we are able to give some better advice.
I agree with this - current setup would be preferable to me but may not work for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Im sure it would work, but your current setup looks fine too.

What do you feel you are missing out on with your current setup? If we know why you want to change then we are able to give some better advice.
@Amayzde thabks for the response.

Personally for me I just prefer the feeling of the Boll ALC. I do like the Ovtcharov still but just prefer the Feeling of the Boll.

In regards to why I want to change, the way I play is all round especially in my forehand but I love to smash the ball a lot which the 09c is dreadful at. Looking for more of an all round FH rubber that would pair well with the Boll.

In Regards to the BH I’m a bit more passive. I block a lot and like good touch around the net and pretty frequently go for a loop so just thinking what setup would work well on the Boll.

Both rubbers will be in max thickness

Reactions: Amayzde
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
F

Personally for me I just prefer the feeling of the Boll ALC. I do like the Ovtcharov still but just prefer the Feeling of the Boll.

In regards to why I want to change, the way I play is all round especially in my forehand but I love to smash the ball a lot which the 09c is dreadful at. Looking for more of an all round FH rubber that would pair well with the Boll.

In Regards to the BH I’m a bit more passive. I block a lot and like good touch around the net and pretty frequently go for a loop so just thinking what setup would work well on the Boll.

Fair comment.

I liked Mizuno Q quality on the Boll on both sides, and my son plays with that now - all round, a little like a less bouncy T05. Available from TT-Japan and priced well.

This user has no status.

Alright, that makes sense. The Boll ALC is a great blade that suites lots of playing styles.

So with smashing, do you mean you like to hit the ball a little more flat when attacking? Or do you mean actual smashing against lobs?

If you are talking about actual smashing being a problem, then I you could maybe keep the same rubbers, but make it a habbit to twiddle on lobs. Nonetheless I think the G1 would make a great forehand rubber.

And why are you changing away from the G1 on backhand? Maybe if its a bit too fast or hard you could try the C1 instead. It has the same topsheet as the G1 but has a slightly softer sponge at 45 degrees (the G1 is 47,5).

I don’t know if you ever played with Rakza 7 on backhand? I have but I never really liked it. I don’t know why, but for some reason I had to adjust it alot for it to work. So if you played alright with the G1 but you feel like you are missing out on control, or find it too hard, I think C1 will suit you best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Alright, that makes sense. The Boll ALC is a great blade that suites lots of playing styles.

So with smashing, do you mean you like to hit the ball a little more flat when attacking? Or do you mean actual smashing against lobs?

If you are talking about actual smashing being a problem, then I you could maybe keep the same rubbers, but make it a habbit to twiddle on lobs. Nonetheless I think the G1 would make a great forehand rubber.

And why are you changing away from the G1 on backhand? Maybe if its a bit too fast or hard you could try the C1 instead. It has the same topsheet as the G1 but has a slightly softer sponge at 45 degrees (the G1 is 47,5).

I don’t know if you ever played with Rakza 7 on backhand? I have but I never really liked it. I don’t know why, but for some reason I had to adjust it alot for it to work. So if you played alright with the G1 but you feel like you are missing out on control, or find it too hard, I think C1 will suit you best.
Thanks for the reply.

In terms of smashing I do mean hitting the ball flat when attacking.

In regards to C1 I did try it but didn’t like the feeling personally. I don’t know if it’s because it was only a 2.0 Thickness as they don’t do max, I’m not sure.