Opinions on xiom omega VII rubbers

This user has no status.
In the Omega VII rubber series, the rubbers I have a lot of experience with are Hyper, Asia, Pro, and Europe.

Hyper is an extremely hard rubber (60 degrees) that plays like a hybrid rubber, it is relatively fast and has very low hitting angle, however it is very good for looping those short backspin shots and half long shots where you have to go right down and brush up, it has large amounts of spin but it can be hard to control on those loop to loop rallies. It is a rubber that is perhaps better boosted.

Asia is a slightly hard rubber (52.5 degrees) that is quite fast but i find is very very spinny at the same time, I use it on my backhand because it forces me to slow down and brush over the ball or the ball will shoot off the end. It is good for looping further back from the table and if you slow down and spin the ball you can have excellent control over the placement and speed of the ball.

Pro is a medium hardness rubber (47.5 hardness) and is all round good at everything pretty much. I have been using this one on my forehand for more than 4 years. It is quite a fast rubber but still very good at brushing over the ball and spinning it heaps, it is also good at more passive shots like soft blocks, I have even found i can chop with it with my crude chopping technique. I love it for those further back loop to loop shots as well.

Europe is a softer rubber (42.5 hardness) that is very good for slower spinny shots, and because of its higher throw angle is very easy to play with it, I used to have it on my backhand. It is particularly easy to use for looping off backspin, my complaint with this is it isn't at good as countering heavy topspin because the ball sometimes sinks into the rubber too much for me but others often find this lets them get even more spin with it.

I hope this helps you a lot but if you have any questions or would like me to re-write some of this answer please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Star

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
In the Omega VII rubber series, the rubbers I have a lot of experience with are Hyper, Asia, Pro, and Europe.

Hyper is an extremely hard rubber (60 degrees) that plays like a hybrid rubber, it is relatively fast and has very low hitting angle, however it is very good for looping those short backspin shots and half long shots where you have to go right down and brush up, it has large amounts of spin but it can be hard to control on those loop to loop rallies. It is a rubber that is perhaps better boosted.

Asia is a slightly hard rubber (52.5 degrees) that is quite fast but i find is very very spinny at the same time, I use it on my backhand because it forces me to slow down and brush over the ball or the ball will shoot off the end. It is good for looping further back from the table and if you slow down and spin the ball you can have excellent control over the placement and speed of the ball.

Pro is a medium hardness rubber (47.5 hardness) and is all round good at everything pretty much. I have been using this one on my forehand for more than 4 years. It is quite a fast rubber but still very good at brushing over the ball and spinning it heaps, it is also good at more passive shots like soft blocks, I have even found i can chop with it with my crude chopping technique. I love it for those further back loop to loop shots as well.

Europe is a softer rubber (42.5 hardness) that is very good for slower spinny shots, and because of its higher throw angle is very easy to play with it, I used to have it on my backhand. It is particularly easy to use for looping off backspin, my complaint with this is it isn't at good as countering heavy topspin because the ball sometimes sinks into the rubber too much for me but others often find this lets them get even more spin with it.

I hope this helps you a lot but if you have any questions or would like me to re-write some of this answer please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Star
thank you for reviewing the omega series. I just started experimenting with Xiom Vega Europe (BH of a Nittaku Acoustic carbon blade) and Xiom Vega X (BH of a Gambler carbon blade). So far so good. Definitely Europe might be even a bit softer than Rakza 7 soft. Xiom Vega X is definitely bouncier than Europe. I still need to experiment with both more.

I am not sure I want to upgrade to the omega series. But thank you for letting me know about the various options inthe Omega series.

Reactions: t.t.s.t.a.r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I am thinking about changing from dignics 09c on forehand to a omega VII rubber, I am using the xiom hugo HAL for my blade and Xiom jekyll&hyde v47.5 backhand
can anyone help me understand what the difference are between all the different types of omega VII rubbers e.g tour, asia, hyper, pro, etc.

I understand you are looking at the Omega VII series, but don't forget Vega China (half tacky). Since you played 09C before, Vega China can be a good replacement (54 degree sponge).

Reactions: ttQuwerky123