OSP Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
If you click on a specific blade, when you look at that blade, somewhere on the page, like below the photo of the blade, there will be a red button that says: "Order Now." When you click on that, you see the price.
Got it! Found it! I like Sergio's pricing a bit better but all the customizations can add up with Sergio. Sergio said that he is backed up for about six months. Both OSP and SDC look like work of art. Once I order them, I think I should frame it instead of playing with it :) :)

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Got it! Found it! I like Sergio's pricing a bit better but all the customizations can add up with Sergio. Sergio said that he is backed up for about six months. Both OSP and SDC look like work of art. Once I order them, I think I should frame it instead of playing with it :) :)
Sergio's blades look like art. There is an element of industrial efficiency to the design of the OSP blades that makes me happy to beat the heck out of them.

I can't speak for any other blade. But my OSP Virtuoso Plus is the most solid and closest to indestructible blade I have ever used. I have put some good dings in it. But I have slammed it so hard into the table than any other blade I have used including my Butterfly TB ZLF blade would have sustained notably more damage.

Still, I like a blade that has some good dings in it. Adds character and makes you feel like it has gone into battle with you. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Can they make super large (170 mm by 170 mm) asymmetric blades for away from the table choppers ?
I did not see any listed at their website
Thanks

Check this

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
IMG_4288.jpeg

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Here is the photo of my latest OSP blades ! Look at this work ! Is it not state-of-the-art ?
Well, I love beautiful blades but what I want it that they play as good as they look. I will post further informations of it soon. Maxime’s blade is an Origo Cpen. Here in France, we are huge fans of Félix Lebrun ! And my son too… he has begun Cpen for a year now. The blade and especially the handle were made on the specifications I sent to Robert from OSP, with photos of Max’s hand.
Neil’s blade is an Origo with specific dimensions for him, he is a very promising young player.
The third one is for me, it’s made as a copy of a DHS 506 that I am not able to find anymore. It was a very limited serie I had paid 500$ 13 years ago… thought to be a serie given by DHS to Ma Long himself… never found a blade like this after… now I would pay it 1500$ I think.
Stay tuned for more infos !

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi Guys,
I would like to share my thoughts about my OSP blades.I own two blades from OSP, Virtuoso + and Virtuoso Off-. My teammate has OSP Expert 2 blade and I was in a good position to try and compare these 3 blades during our training sessions.

1, Virtuoso +
Let`s start with Virtuoso +. I contacted Robert (OSP owner) seeking more information about his blades. I played with Butterfly Korbel (Japanese one) for a while, so I wanted to purchase something similar 5 Ply wood blade like Korbel. Robert recommended Virtuoso + and I ordered my first blade from OSP.
Virtuoso + : Size S , 157mmx 150mm, 85.2 grams, Flared. (I requested light-ish blade around 85 grams) Lead time was 1 week.
I was really surprised when the blade arrived. The Quality of the blade was absolutely fantastic. The surface of the blade was very smooth, everything was rounded, no sharp edges, the handle was very comfortable and the Finish was exceptional. I own many blades from different TT brands, but I cannot compare any of them with OSP. The craftmanship of the blade is superb, the Quality is just on different level, first class, premium design.
Game:
I started to play with Virtuous +. My TT style is controlled offensive from mid distance and close to the table. I like looping/top spinning a lot and pushing, driving and blocking close to the table. I can do everything with this blade. I put medium hard Baracuda rubber on it (both sides) and I was able to generate enormous spin with mid-high arc. Short game was difficult first time, so I had to adopt. Sometimes I pushed the ball too long. Virtuoso + is fast wood blade with good control and feedback. I felt the blade was slightly head heavy.
However, I like experimenting with different blades, so I ordered a Virtuoso Off – blade as well.

2, Virtuoso OFF-
Virtuoso Off- : Size M, 158mm-150mm, 86grams, Flared (Weight requested by me) (Baracuda FH, Joola Rhyzen Ice BH)
I wanted to improve my short game close to the net and ball placement. I received my 2nd OSP blade with the same high-quality finish.
IF I compare V- with V+, I would say:
Virtuoso OFF- blade a little bit slower blade, it is more flexible, less stiff and the control is amazing. The feedback and vibration are just perfect for me on the handle. I really like it. Dwell time is longer than V+ and I can initiate huge spin anytime with this blade. Looping with mid-high arc feels natural. Short game is better as well, ball placement is fantastic due to the increased control. Very easy to play with V-. I requested a slightly narrower Flared handle than Virtuoso + and Robert delivered this. Handle was more comfortable with smooth finish.

3, Expert 2
I have played with Expert 2 for one hour only. Size M , Flared. (Baracuda FH, Joola Rhyzen Ice BH.)
Expert 2 is slower than V- but the control is better. Fantastic blade , feedback , vibration, control were excellent. However, I had to work hard from mid distance and far from the table. Obviously the blade is slower and you need physical strength, more power to keep the ball on the table. Apart from that, I had positive experience with Expert 2.

My favourite is the Virtuoso off - , which suits to my level and style at this moment.Obviously everyone can find different kind of blades on OSP website, lots of choices available whatever you prefer or fit your game or level. I prefer wood blade, it is the best choice for me.

My best experience with OSP was the customization of the blade. I requested minor modification about the handle size, I determined the weight, the head size and there was an opportunity to play with the centre of the gravity of the blade. The blade was designed for me and this kind of personal touch means a lot. Communication was excellent, Robert really can help you to find your perfect blade which match your playing style.
I am really happy with my OSP experience and I would highly recommend OSP blades to everyone.

Many thanks
Tamas
Hi,
How is Virtuoso Off- for playing backhand flicks, punches and backhand topspin. My son is currently using stiga All round classic with and I would like to gift him a blade. His play is more backhand oriented with forehand topspins.