Palio AK47 appreciation topic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Used Red on BH for a couple of months. It's definitely good value, but I found it to be extremely difficult to play with.

For some reason, getting a good touch out of it was very difficult for me on regular loops and loops against backspin. The ball rarely penetrated the sponge compared to the various other rubbers I have used, most of which are as hard or harder, which is weird. My completely unbased theory is that the topsheet itself is very hard, and it's also very smooth, so any balls you don't hit into enough just slide off the rubber -- this happened to me so so many times.

That being said, when I did manage to have a good touch, the ball would have great quality. I think this rubber would work great for advanced players, who can make really powerful shots while still brushing the ball properly to get immense spin. At my level, I'm happy with my G1 and can make great shots.

For my level (2 years in) and style of play, where spin is more important than power, it simply did not fit.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
Guess, I'll slap it on a Viscaria clone and see how that goes. I made the Palio AK47 Blue popular in my country back in the day and sold them like hotcakes. People were using the Blue version on both forehand and backhand, boosting them to make them chunkier/overall rubber much more tensioned and used them on stiff blades. No one really liked the Red version for some reason, so I wasn't able to test that as much.
Yay philippines!

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I'm using the yellow ak47 as my bh rubber for rpb, and I find that the non tacky matte top sheet tends to feel slimy after playing for awhile and having sweat from my fingers on it. But this slimy feeling does not occur when I'm using tacky rubbers for my bh. Does anyone feel this way too?
I have Palio AK47 red and its topsheet is similar. It would slip if I try to brush the ball too thin. It is more suitable for speed drives and punches than brush loop. Much better if you can engage the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I have Palio AK47 red and its topsheet is similar. It would slip if I try to brush the ball too thin. It is more suitable for speed drives and punches than brush loop. Much better if you can engage the sponge.
I had the same experience. I really liked the sponge but the topsheet is much inferior to the Eurojap