Players You Dislike

says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
Jan 2012
Haha! I don't like much J-M Saive either although he's a great player and although I'm french and him being loved here... I think his shorts strapped under his underpants + his bandana around his head is just ridiculous.

I also don't like Wang HAO. He's just not a sympathetic person (to me), not likeable whatsoever... But before not liking the guy, I didn't pay much attention to him, I thought he almost never smiled, but other than that he's an awesome player (although I don't get much kick watching his games, I prefer, and by far, his other team mates).
At the last World cup in Paris, I saw him in a little alley near the big Hall where the games took place. Behind me were a couple of girls, they recognized him just as I was walkig toward him. I had just bought a sheet of G666 the day before, hoping to get it signed by the famous player. I got the sheet and the pen out of my bag, walk gently and ask for an autograph. He kept his head down, still walking and just said: "SORRY".
Euh...ok...? wtf ?..

Both of them I just don't like much but don't pay a lot attention to them.
The one I just HATE is Adrien Mattenet !! Please richard kuklinsky, please just take care of him..? :p

I really don't like Bojan Tokic too (who pulled his pants down during a set he's lost to Ma Long)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry but I love him for that ;)

Besides, it was about time that someone took a match from Ma Long. It was nice to see them do battle.

I guess I don't like or dislike players in this way. If someone's play bores me, it means they are not good enough to compete with the top players, but I don't dislike them for it. I just don't want to watch them. If I like the way someone plays, if someone is graceful or powerful or both, it is fun to watch them play well. Often, if two guys are close but one ends up winning in their matches a large percentage of the time, at a certain point I will start rooting for the other player. Like with Ma Long and Zang Jike. But at the Olympics I will probably root for Ma Long since Zhang Jike got the World Championship title.

Personality traits do not change things for me. Someone can cho, they can have a moment where they think a ball hit the edge when it hit the side and argue for the point. I do respect things like when a player like Wang Liqin will tell a ref that he called a shot wrong and that it should be the other player's point. But I don't fault a player for not doing that because it could happen for any number of reasons including that they really think the point should be theirs.

Back when Monica Seles was young there were a lot of people who did not like her because of the sound she made with every shot. But that sound was actually giving her more power. This is a physiological fact. When you exhale you can contract muscles more fully; when you exhale fast this is even more true. If you are making a sound like that in the middle of your stroke, your stroke will have more power. I don't do it, but it is a fact that the sound will give your stroke more power so, who cares if someone does that. And I think it is funny when a player celebrates a point where the other person messed up. But I don't really care. And when a player hits a great shot and celebrates, that is totally fine.

Jan 2012
@Trinita
You have to take into account that Wang Hao probably doesn't really speak much English, so he couldn't say more than 'sorry'. Maybe there was an explanation for it but he couldn't tell you :p

Haha! yep that's maybe it! :rolleyes:
He was going to the arena for the next game where he was playing ZJK, so I guess he was focusing on the game.. I thought it was my chance to get an autograph of him (I missed him the other days, or more axactly I was at one opportunity too shy to ask :eek: ) anyways, I didn't really think he might refuse because of the match, I was actually looking for him and walking to pass the time between the last game Joo Se Hyuk - Mizutani and the final, and here he was!

Anyways, who on the forum think Bojan Tokic is ridiculous, like Chen Weixing he expresses too much aggressiveness... He should take exemple on the chinese, Mizutani or Boll, who just remain as calm as possible