Players You Dislike

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And how do you explain Michael Maze raging and throwing rackets?
Please explain, I might understand...

I kind of like Maze's antics. It adds to the show.

I know I get mad sometimes and it might not have anything to do with anything but that I am mad. Who cares if Maze throws his racket. And when an umpire makes a really bad call, why not be disrespectful.

In baseball, Billy Martin used to kick sand at the umpires while he was yelling at them. Umpires do make the wrong calls sometimes. :)

It is great that there are so many gentleman in Table Tennis but it is nice that there are some characters who let their emotions show sometimes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
He swings the arm with the bat, then releases the bat, making it fly ;)
I wonder why it doesn't fly up but goes into the net...
I kind of like Maze's antics. It adds to the show.

I know I get mad sometimes and it might not have anything to do with anything but that I am mad. Who cares if Maze throws his racket. And when an umpire makes a really bad call, why not be disrespectful.

In baseball, Billy Martin used to kick sand and the umpires while he was yelling at them. Umpires do make the wrong calls sometimes. :)

It is great that there are so many gentleman in Table Tennis but it is nice that there are some characters who let their emotions show sometimes.
He is still disrespectful, an umpire is an umpire and you need to listen to the umpire in a game
(unless the umpire is unsportsman-like or shows lack of spirit to the sport, therefore the umpire deserves to be sacked and not thrown at)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
I think those of us who watch, say, tennis (where they throw rackets all the time, and the star women players b*itch at the umpires all the time) are used to seeing much worse stuff than Maze throwing his racket on the floor. Ma Lin throws his racket at the table quite a lot as well.

Ice hockey fans are used to seeing players knock each other's teeth out, so I barely notice when Maze kicks at the table. ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I wonder why it doesn't fly up but goes into the net...

He is still disrespectful, an umpire is an umpire and you need to listen to the umpire in a game
(unless the umpire is unsportsman-like or shows lack of spirit to the sport, therefore the umpire deserves to be sacked and not thrown at)

That is true, but when u regard the situation Carl mentioned (10-8 in Olympic quarterfinal) it is understandable that u get mad when the umpire fouls your serve while it's the same you've been doing all your career long. For the rest I agree with Markvee. If you dislike a player for some reason you will always find something to bash at them, but in top table tennis there are no real assholes.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Wrener Schlager-Don't like his technique or attitude. Wastes too much time between points its bad for tv. Really like his personality though I think off the table amazing guy really like him.
Chen Wexing- Hate his fh technique. Bad attitude on the table. However like Schlager he seems like a really nice guy off the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I very dislike Chen Weixing because of his playing style sometimes he's footwork is so annoying like he doesn't know what he is gonna play if chop or forehand backhand etc. then Michael Maze because he sometimes act like a douche.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I never really liked Wang Liqin, I mean I always thought he was overrated. He was a good player in his prime but now he's in his 30s and I think he should switch to coaching, Ma Lin could take the same advice. Liu Guoliang was smart and switched after a while.

I don't like Wang Liqin too, his wrist looks like it's from cobra family, but he has made so much in his career, so we got to respect him.

I don't like Wang Liqin too, his wrist looks like it's from cobra family, but he has made so much in his career, so we got to respect him.
I just think he's seriously overrated. He did have a good career but he never had a career Grand Slam, (Winning the WTTC, TTWC, and Olympics), I mean Zhang Jike won all 3 simultaneously so he deserves more recognition than Liqin does (FYI I'm not saying that having a Career Grand Slam is the only way to have a good career, only 4 people have ever got it, but for someone who is considered to be the best ever he should have gotten one)

Last edited: