Post your latest EJ purchase

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2011
2,590
3,125
7,430
Loki rxton 7, seems I've ordered a "pro" or "national" version 40 degree, has different packaging and a little player portrait, had like 3 euro difference with the regular 37 degree so I wasnt actually expecting to get something different.

View attachment 43423
It's probably not gonna be that different. Loki used to offer custom rubbers, so you get all these variations and it's hard to tell which one is just a vendor requested custom rubber (e.g. the Loki Arthur China Pro).

I just tried out a Rxton 9 37 degree national, uses the old Rxton 9 blue sponge. I'm pretty sure it's not an official Loki rubber, it's just some vendor custom one with custom color (red) and hardness (37). I wasn't gonna use it since Loki now makes an official 37.5 degree red Rxton 9 with an orange sponge, which I should receive in a few days, but I tried it out anyway. It was pretty meh, felt just like a regular Rxton 9 blue sponge but less lively. Overall there was nothing really standing out, just your average hard, dead, tacky rubber.

I'm looking forward to the Rxton 9 37.5 orange sponge though. I really liked the Rxton 7 37 degree, there was certainly some real pros and cons, and would suit specific tradeoffs. It feels softer, slower, but with great spin and control. Really excels in active blocks, very linear, and is suitable for a control type of game that relies on placement and pace variations to win or create opportunities on the BH side. It felt like an easier to use H3 37. I'm curious if the Rxton 9 37.5 would play more like an easier to use H3 38, which would be perfect. In fact, if it plays well, I'm gonna get a black 40.5 as well to try out on the FH side.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2023
268
239
749
Not equipment, but TT related
 

Attachments

  • 1000011393.jpg
    1000011393.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 41
  • Love
Reactions: barusu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2011
2,590
3,125
7,430
1000062753.jpg

It's boosting now, 2 layers of Haifu national yellow. Apply too much for the first layer though, as I just got a larger 120ml bottle and forgot it has a bigger brush as well.

I also boosted up a sheet of black LAC, gonna try LAC both sides on a LJK ADC S-series. The Rxton 9 37.5 will go on my primary blade on the BH side, though I'll flip it around and give it a twirl on the FH side as well.

Interestingly so far the LAC has domed more than the new Rxton 9, despite having gotten less booster (I boosted the LAC second, so applied the regular amount). The Rxton 9 did come with a bit of reverse dome, but I would've expected it to react more as the LAC doesn't dome much. The Haifu Yellow does take way longer to dome compared to Seamoon though, so I'll give it a bit more time.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,125
1,094
3,964
Read 5 reviews
Interestingly so far the LAC has domed more than the new Rxton 9, despite having gotten less booster (I boosted the LAC second, so applied the regular amount). The Rxton 9 did come with a bit of reverse dome, but I would've expected it to react more as the LAC doesn't dome much. The Haifu Yellow does take way longer to dome compared to Seamoon though, so I'll give it a bit more time.

Same observation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dingyibvs
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
Member
Mar 2025
439
660
2,851
Read 1 reviews
Finally getting around to some of my latest purchases.

The goodies from Borussia-Düsseldorf:
1000010219.jpg


Some Joola rubbers to take for a "spin":
1000010325.jpg


And finally, trying some others' blades made me realize I really like the feeling of all-wood, so I got myself a classic Fextra:
1000010323.jpg


Isn't that limba beautiful? 🥰
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,553
3,434
8,174
Read 7 reviews
Finally getting around to some of my latest purchases.

The goodies from Borussia-Düsseldorf:
View attachment 43559

Some Joola rubbers to take for a "spin":
View attachment 43560

And finally, trying some others' blades made me realize I really like the feeling of all-wood, so I got myself a classic Fextra:
View attachment 43561

Isn't that limba beautiful? 🥰
I could have given you the Fextra lol. I love the shirts, great addition to my playing gear!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haito
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
Member
Mar 2025
439
660
2,851
Read 1 reviews
I could have given you the Fextra lol. I love the shirts, great addition to my playing gear!
That's too bad, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time. If I ever need an extra I'll have you sign it and send it to me 😂

I haven't worn the team jersey yet, but the practice shirts are phenomenal! Very comfy and breathable. A great investment at 25€.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Aug 2025
252
436
852
Well I had a chance for a big tax discount and I told myself "Let's buy some dignics 09C to re-sell".
That quickly became "Well since they're here let's just try one, why the hell not".
Now I use D09C on forehand :ROFLMAO: .

It is so much easier and effortless to do everything than with H3 that I feel all this year I spent with H3 was just to get me to appreciate how easy it is to get power out of other types of rubbers.
The transition from boosted h3 to Dignics 09c was also so smooth, 2 full trainings and I am completely accustomed to it.
I also bought Mizutani ZLC and the new Darko blade to try, but those will have to wait until this summer for proper trying
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,553
3,434
8,174
Read 7 reviews
Well I had a chance for a big tax discount and I told myself "Let's buy some dignics 09C to re-sell".
That quickly became "Well since they're here let's just try one, why the hell not".
Now I use D09C on forehand :ROFLMAO: .

It is so much easier and effortless to do everything than with H3 that I feel all this year I spent with H3 was just to get me to appreciate how easy it is to get power out of other types of rubbers.
That's the beauty, isn't it? You only give up a little bit of top end performance but get so much back in the rest of the spectrum. I liked training with H3 and then switching to G1 (at the time) which made me engage the rubber like a madman!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haito
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Aug 2025
252
436
852
That's the beauty, isn't it? You only give up a little bit of top end performance but get so much back in the rest of the spectrum. I liked training with H3 and then switching to G1 (at the time) which made me engage the rubber like a madman!
For me I don't feel like I give up any top end performance, what I feel I give up is a bit of serve and short receive.
Opening half-long serve and backspin in general is so much easier.
Open game is equivalent, a bit more easy power and speed and less control.

Oh perfectly boosted H3 was still better. But really perfectly boosted lasted 2-3 sessions and didn't happen that often.
 
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2011
2,590
3,125
7,430
Please tell us how it play ill receive mine next week as well (orange sponge 37.5) you plan to boost it ?
It's a pretty interesting rubber. I have tried it for 3 sessions, 2 robot and 1 with my regular training partner, all on the BH side of my main blade (S968). It was shockingly good with blocks and counters, and loops land longer than the regular Rxton 9. It's similar in weight, which is a little heavy, and while easier than H3 OS to hit through it was still not an easy rubber to use.

Next up I'll put it on my LJK ADC R-series, which already had the regular Rxton 9 37 glued on it. It'll be 2 red rubbers but whatever, I just want a fair comparison between the two. Replacing it on my main blade will be my Rxton 7 37 which I also liked. This way I'll get a fair comparison between the the Rxton 7 and the Rxton 9 OS as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DBsystem78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Sep 2022
612
473
1,939
Read 2 reviews
Bought a really old w968 serienumber 2 from someone who quit tabletennis. Never had this blade before and I read a lot about it.
Story about it is it was from a provincial/ national player who played in spain and gave it.

Gonna test this bad boy out, just the aura coming off damn blade alone...
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2026
367
232
997
It is so much easier and effortless to do everything than with H3 that I feel all this year I spent with H3 was just to get me to appreciate how easy it is to get power out of other types of rubbers.
It is a good point. Sometimes using blunt equipment trains you well in the fundamentals.
Mountain booking is similar. If you start off with incredibly forgiving suspension you probably don’t learn to use your knees and elbows well to absorb impact.
Starting on a crappy bike has advantages.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Sep 2016
180
150
345
It is so much easier and effortless to do everything than with H3 that I feel all this year I spent with H3 was just to get me to appreciate how easy it is to get power out of other types of rubbers.
The transition from boosted h3 to Dignics 09c was also so smooth, 2 full trainings and I am completely accustomed to it.
I also bought Mizutani ZLC and the new Darko blade to try, but those will have to wait until this summer for proper trying
Now you are ready to test the D09C in 1,9 mm on your backhand.
Another big surprise is waiting for you. ;)
 
Purchased out of need: LI-NING APTM003-1.

These are really light, their size scale is exactly what they say (26,5cm is 26,5cm really).

My mizuno wave drive 8s got stolen (oh well, bless the thief! I hope they serve well) and I needed to buy something. These are 2 times cheaper, just by looking and feeling the quality is allright, but they seem to be less durable than Mizuno.
1791181313365.png
 
Top