Question about boosting?

I recently just boosted my DHS Hurricane 3 40 Degree - National Blue Sponge and DHS Hurricane 3 39 degree National Orange Sponge. I only used two layers thinking that would be enough. I feel like it could benefit from one more layer. I was wondering if I take off my rubbers from the blade that was just boosted would it affect the boosting I just did? I figured the first two layers of booster I already added would still be fine, correct? The process I would go through to add one extra layer (3rd layer of booster Haifu Yellow National) would be.. Take off the two rubbers from the blade I put it on, remove the glue from both rubbers, add one layer of glue, then the final 3rd layer of booster. (Since it has already been boosted for about 2-3 days) Please let me know if that is the correct way to go about adding the 3rd layer of booster! Also was curious: do you guys recommend 3 layers of booster on these rubbers (DHS Hurricane 3 40 Degree - National Blue Sponge and DHS Hurricane 3 39 degree National Orange Sponge) ?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Depends on the glue you used.
If the rubber comes of the blade easy and clean and if the
glue is still firmly attached to the sponges solidly all over the surface, I would simply apply the 3rd layer of haifu on top, let it dry for 24 hours and glue the sheet back on to the blade.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Question for those who start threads for boosting, when there is literally a thread started every week for this... WHY?

Go practice and win.
Should be obvious even to you . We boosters are trying every opportunity to spread the word : " Boosters Unite" in the fight against the ITTF -oppressors. 🤣

Reactions: Lowday20298
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am frequently fighting for the oppressed, often the LP users rights to use defensive style material. What ITTF did to pips users would make a reasonable person projectile vomit. I can see why S-Jan got pissed off, but he carrying the grudge going on hiz 4th decade.

It is annoying that people incisively discuss equipment or boosting same stuff over and over very little flavor variation that a 4th grade student could hit the search button and find the answers fast than their mamma can make sum hot chocolate...

... but even irritating as it is, it is the Sound of Freedom - a price we pay for free speech - sometime we have to be around it whether we like it or agree with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I don't think there is a "correct" way to boost. I would personally pull the rubber off, add another layer of booster (not bothered with the glue already on the rubber) and add another layer of glue, and stick it on the paddle. Voila. Done.

I have heard of people boosting their rubbers with two or three layers of booster, and then wait until the doming effect of the booster to wear off before attaching the rubbers to the blade. I am always confused by that because once a rubber is booster, it stays in a dome....I have never seen that doming effect going away.

Chinese rubber domes quite easily. Followed by the Tibhar revolution series. Fastarc and Rakza series have a small, tiny dome. Xiom Vega series with its "carbon" sponge does not dome at all, like none. Like zero.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Question for those who start threads for boosting, when there is literally a thread started every week for this... WHY?

Go practice and win.
I don't see a big problem with people asking questions about boosting. Because for the most part, the discussion is quick, simple and ends right there.

What I have a problem with is people asking about which rubber to choose. And after each forum member renders an opinion, then there is a bunch of follow-up questions that run on for another 3 pages.

And some of the questions are really really splitting hair. For example, should I choose Rakza X soft or Rakza 7 soft (the answer is, it does not really matter. They are very similar. X might be a bit faster than 7 both the regular and the soft version)? Then all of the sudden, they will ask what about Rakza 9 v.s. Rakza 7? Or what is the difference between Xiom Vega Europe or Rakza 7 soft?

At that point, I am like darn it, just buy a rubber already. Just try it. For most of us who have a job, it costs more time asking and answering questions than the actual pay. The rubber is 50 USD so if you make 25 USD an hour, and you spend 6 hours browsing the internet to find the perfect rubber, you are losing money. Plus, everyone plays differently and react to a rubber differently, If you are not sure, then buy, say Rakza 7 and Xiom Vega Europe and see if you like a rubber that is more like 45 degree ESN or more like 40 degree ESN. Just buy SOMETHING and be done with it already.

On that note, I am going to practice my backhand loops against underspin. I need to work on that a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: longle and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I don't see a big problem with people asking questions about boosting. Because for the most part, the discussion is quick, simple and ends right there.

What I have a problem with is people asking about which rubber to choose. And after each forum member renders an opinion, then there is a bunch of follow-up questions that run on for another 3 pages.

And some of the questions are really really splitting hair. For example, should I choose Rakza X soft or Rakza 7 soft (the answer is, it does not really matter. They are very similar. X might be a bit faster than 7 both the regular and the soft version)? Then all of the sudden, they will ask what about Rakza 9 v.s. Rakza 7? Or what is the difference between Xiom Vega Europe or Rakza 7 soft?

At that point, I am like darn it, just buy a rubber already. Just try it. For most of us who have a job, it costs more time asking and answering questions than the actual pay. The rubber is 50 USD so if you make 25 USD an hour, and you spend 6 hours browsing the internet to find the perfect rubber, you are losing money. Plus, everyone plays differently and react to a rubber differently, If you are not sure, then buy, say Rakza 7 and Xiom Vega Europe and see if you like a rubber that is more like 45 degree ESN or more like 40 degree ESN. Just buy SOMETHING and be done with it already.

On that note, I am going to practice my backhand loops against underspin. I need to work on that a lot.
But if you make the wrong choice and have to buy another rubber - then that is another $50. And the 6 hours you spend browsing isn't really time you could have worked...

The economics are a bit less forgiving than you make out... but I get your frustration because in the end, most people will care much more about the degree of improvement that is driven by training than that which is driven by equipment choices. But in the end, the marketers have done their job, let the people spend their money as they see fit...

Reactions: ShoutGuy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
But if you make the wrong choice and have to buy another rubber - then that is another $50. And the 6 hours you spend browsing isn't really time you could have worked...

The economics are a bit less forgiving than you make out... but I get your frustration because in the end, most people will care much more about the degree of improvement that is driven by training than that which is driven by equipment choices. But in the end, the marketers have done their job, let the people spend their money as they see fit...
I run my own business so $50 or $100 is a waste of my time. I rather buy both and just try it out (or get it in bulk from TT11 and get 30% off).

However, I get it. For some people, money is tight. So whenever there is a deal on Dandoy (like $26 for Xiom Vega X or $18 for H3), I would like people to know. Similarly some forum members also alert others deals on TT11 (for example Xiom Vega Japan for $28 a sheet on TT11 right now is a good deal. In fact I bought one red 2.0mm and one black 2.0mm and add a couple clothings on sales to get free shipping).

At the end of the day, if you like Rasanter R53, then do not go out and buy Razka 7 soft. That is a waste of money.

But if someone wants to split hair between Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft, Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 38, Donic Bluefire M3, Xiom Vega Europe or Rasanter R37, there is really no answer to that. They are all similar. It depends. You might just want to buy one sheet of each and get two sheets in total and figure the answer out for yourself. I would not recommend you buy all six sheets because they are all similar softness. That would be a waste of money. But to say you only want one sheet and one sheet only, and ask questions for 3 more pages to find the perfect rubber for YOU, nobody can tell you how you will like it. You have to try and figure it out!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I would remove the glue then add the layer of booster then two layers of glue. I’ve never really noticed any difference if I add the glue first the booster or just booster directly
I also never put glue on first befor the boost but if the glue is already in place..... 😁 I am a lazy bastard.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

@Jukeboxluke

The Outlaw.jpg

𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕪, 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖.

FAIR PLAY FIRST

Last edited:
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

I guess you can start a thread like: "I am going to practice my backhand loops against underspin, which rubber should I use ?" :ROFLMAO:

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I guess you can start a thread like: "I am going to practice my backhand loops against underspin, which rubber should I use ?" :ROFLMAO:
Or :
My friend insist that unless I buy the $2000 MaLong blade with signature and numbers on the side of the handle my FH would never develop properly . Is she correct ???

• Haha
Reactions: longle
Thank you guys for all the help. Another silly question but I am just curious what people think here. I have a few new sheets of Dignics 09C. I was wondering if it would be pointless to boost Dignics 09C? I know a lot of people use Dignics 09C so was curious if people boost their Dignics 09c.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Thank you guys for all the help. Another silly question but I am just curious what people think here. I have a few new sheets of Dignics 09C. I was wondering if it would be pointless to boost Dignics 09C? I know a lot of people use Dignics 09C so was curious if people boost their Dignics 09c.
you have to question yourself: do I really need extra power ? I used to boost rubbers, it gave me some kicks, I felt powerful but did not help me win more games. In fact a slower, more controlled rubber helps a lot in winning the game

Reactions: lodro and Metaxa