Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft for backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
It's probably better to ask follow up questions like this in your original Rakza 7 thread instead of starting a new topic.

Not a big deal but something to keep in mind for the future

To answer your question, do you like soft and mushy rubbers? Coming in at under 40 degrees ESN scale, R7 soft is one of the softest popular rubbers out there. I personally hate the feeling. Hit with something equally soft to see whether you like it before you buy.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am putting Rakza 7 (fh) on my Cybershape Wood. Would it make sense to put Rakza 7 Soft on my bh, or just Rakza 7?
As mentioned in other posts, I'm a 1300 level player. My bh is pretty strong.
Strong BH needs strong stuff for making strong win. Leave the soft for the softies & ladies.
IMG_5876.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I am putting Rakza 7 (fh) on my Cybershape Wood. Would it make sense to put Rakza 7 Soft on my bh, or just Rakza 7?
As mentioned in other posts, I'm a 1300 level player. My bh is pretty strong.

I think at the end it boils down to personal preference. Both may be right. I personally would prefer R7 if I had to pick, but that doesn't mean R7 soft would not feel better for someone else. Know a guy who plays with T05fx on his BH, and no-one has such BH spin as himself, at least in the town. Tremendous, you'd say how the hell is it possible with that soft thingee. So, don't worry.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
aI think at the end it boils down to personal preference. Both may be right. I personally would prefer R7 if I had to pick, but that doesn't mean R7 soft would not feel better for someone else. Know a guy who plays with T05fx on his BH, and no-one has such BH spin as himself, at least in the town. Tremendous, you'd say how the hell is it possible with that soft thingee. So, don't worry.
Agree. I use Chinese rubber on my forehand. Look, Ma Long uses hard Chinese rubber on his backhand so should I do it too? Not necessarily. I would not in a million years try to use Chinese rubber on my backhand. I don't have the technique and the strength to do that.

I have tried Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, Tenergy 05fx, Tenergy 80fx, Tenergy 64 fx, C-1, etc. on my back hand and I ended up settling on G-1 which is harder than C-1 but yet not as bouncy as the Tenergy series. Why G-1? I don't know. It just works better for my backhand. Well, isn't C-1 and Rakza 7 softer? So maybe they will grip the ball better? I don't know. I just feel that G-1 works better.

I think a lot of equipment choice depends on your technique and physique. Unless you try it, you really do not know. I just like the way G-1 feels when I brush and block the ball....

If money is not a big concern for you, why not get two sheets of each R7 and R7 soft to try it out?