Rakza X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Rakza X

As a made in Germany rubber it share many similarities with other top end tensors. Got the same half matt top sheet look as newer BF and Rasant. You can feel the improved grip over R7 right away. Perfect dwell for new plastic ball which is what this rubber is designed for. Its throw is medium at best. Hardness comparable to T05 but lacks the famous T series gummy feel in play. Speed and spin is middle of the road among modern tensors. Only drawback I can think of is the weight. I have not actually weight the bare rubber but the whole Cpen setup of Yasaka SIlver 9 with RX both sides reached 196g. Definitely one of the heaviest rubber out there.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Rakza X

TT Rubber – Yasaka Rakza X review
Rakza X, the latest tensor addition to the one of most popular and successful Rakza series of Yasaka. As per Yasaka, the top sheet is made of natural rubber gum which is the usual for any Yasaka rubber.
As marketed by Yasaka, the top sheet indeed provides an excellent grip over the ball. Let us now take a close look at the characteristics and its performance.
Speed: 7.5/10. Excellent speed. Rakza X with grip priority, the close table play becomes very smooth. The medium hard sponge adds power to drive shots and mid distance play becomes easy.
Spin: 8/10. The top sheet provides a good amount of topspin. The amount of spin is in between Rakza 7 (spin priority) and Rakza 9 (speed priority).
Tackiness: 3/10. The top sheet is mildly tacky. This is the same as found in typical Japanese high spin rubbers.
Throw angle/Bounciness: 5.5/10. The rubber has medium to high throw angle. While playing away from the table it produces a beautiful arc and helps a lot on counter topspins.
Sponge Hardness: 5/10. (45-50 degrees). The orange sponge is medium hard which enables to produce good speed and spin at the same time.
Weight: 5/10. It is not the heaviest rubber but not the lightest also. It is medium heavy.
Short game: 8/10.The rubber is perfect for short game. It has very good feeling. Even if you get your shots wrong the first time, next time you won’t.
Availability: Rakza X rubber is available in 1.8 mm, 2.0 mm and Max thickness.
Price: 50 USD (approx.)
Pros:
1. Price with Yasaka quality.
2. Control with power and spin.
Cons:
1. Not good from blocking perspective.
2. Little difficult for close table counters.
Conclusion: The rubber is of high quality. It is going to stay in the market and to become a long time favorite for lots of players with years to come. If you want to improve your spin along with the control then grab on a sheet of Rakza X, I am a 100% sure that you will not regret it.

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for Rakza X

Played with almost all of Rakza rubbers, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza 7, Rakza 9, and now Rakza X on both backhand and forehand side. Although it makes my paddle pretty heavy (blade Stiga Rosewood NCT V, which is pretty heavy as well) and blocking is very hard sometimes, I like Rakza rubbers, it fits my requirements.