recommend me a setup (upper intermediate)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi guys,

i'm a ~1.700 USATT two wing looper with longer strokes and body usage.

strengths: open-ups, loop consistancy (low-med. power), serve recieve, touch
weaknesses: blocking + counter-looping (high power), hitting too hard on FH

previous setups: Grubba All+ --> TSPW + Baracuda --> Fastarc G1

now i want to go with the trend of tacky/softer topsheet. TSPW is set as the blade. It's about the following rubber combinations.

1) Glayzer 09c (FH) + Glayzer (BH)
2) Rakza Z EH (FH) + Rakza Z (BH)
3) Hybrid MK Pro (FH) + Hybrid MK (BH)
4) Vega China (FH) + Vega China (BH)
5) H3N o+pro mid (FH) + H3N o+pro soft (BH) / unboosted or initially boosted - no periodical boosting
6) H8 mid (FH) + H8 soft (BH)

My goal is to improve in the area of counter-looping. Thus the combo should be focused on controllability and the ease of counter-attacking, while still maintaining good attributes in opening ups and serves/serve recieves. I'm also not a professional, thus 2x training a week should be enough to handle and improve with the combo.

I'm curious which combo you would choose for me :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi guys,

i'm a ~1.700 USATT two wing looper with longer strokes and body usage.

strengths: open-ups, loop consistancy (low-med. power), serve recieve, touch
weaknesses: blocking + counter-looping (high power), hitting too hard on FH

previous setups: Grubba All+ --> TSPW + Baracuda --> Fastarc G1

now i want to go with the trend of tacky/softer topsheet. TSPW is set as the blade. It's about the following rubber combinations.

1) Glayzer 09c (FH) + Glayzer (BH)
2) Rakza Z EH (FH) + Rakza Z (BH)
3) Hybrid MK Pro (FH) + Hybrid MK (BH)
4) Vega China (FH) + Vega China (BH)
5) H3N o+pro mid (FH) + H3N o+pro soft (BH) / unboosted or initially boosted - no periodical boosting
6) H8 mid (FH) + H8 soft (BH)

My goal is to improve in the area of counter-looping. Thus the combo should be focused on controllability and the ease of counter-attacking, while still maintaining good attributes in opening ups and serves/serve recieves. I'm also not a professional, thus 2x training a week should be enough to handle and improve with the combo.

I'm curious which combo you would choose for me :)
H3 or h8 is best for counterloop

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
A friend of mine recently got the second option you mentioned, although on a Viscaria. I got to try it myself too and it's great, but I can tell you for certain his BH is far less deadly with a hybrid, I can block much easier compared to him using tensors.

Those rubbers, and all the harder rubbers in general, are quite heavy though, and on a head-heavy blade like TSPW I'd be wary of choosing two heavy rubbers. Unless you have iron wrists of course. I'd go with Rakza Z EH on FH and whatever lighter tensor you like.