Survey on this setup: Outer ALC Viscaria type + Glayzer 09C FH + Hybrid MK BH

says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
Hi guys,

lately I'm playing with Viscaria plus Glayzer 09C 2.1 on FH and Hybrid MK max on BH. Total weight 186gr, the blade is 88.5gr.

I find that Glayzer 09C is a perfect match on forehand with Viscaria, great control and power when you need it, also a lot of spin (a friend of mine who is ranked within the best of 100 in my country couldn't block my opening loops sometimes).

Also, despite being max thickness (I believe 2.3mm), the MK on backhand is very controlled but powerful enough. I don't thing lowering the thickness would be a good choice. When I'll need to substitute it, I'll try my H8-80 37° on BH to compare the two, but Glayzer 09C will remain on FH cause the match with the blade is near perfect.

So my question is: how many of you TTDs are playing with the same or similar setup? What do you guys think of this setup?

Opinions of players who is using a blade with same Viscaria structure are very welcome, but in general everyone's opinion is welcome.

This user has no status.
I've played a Tibhar Hybrid MK, Max on FH, 2.0 on BH, on a Viscaria style blade.

I disliked the rubber in general, especially on my FH. On BH it was a lot better, but not my holy grail so to say.

All in all, if you like what you are playing with, don't change it. If you dislike certain aspects, zoom in on those and research rubbers that might solve that part of what you miss (without throwing what you like overboard).

I like both Bty G09C and Tibhar hybrid MK on my FH. On BH I need something with a little more catapult. I have some Nittaku Hammond Z2 lined up for this. But for now I am using Donic Accuda/Accuda blue. These are quite good I think. Another one I like on BH is regular Glazer why don´´t You try this. It's a little harder than hybrid MK but its quite good.

Get another Viscaria and use it for a test rig...

Cheers
L-zr

Not Viscaria, but I've been using the Glayzer 09C on a Timber 7 (kind of a Clipper clone), and so far so good...
It's not a very exciting rubber, but at my level it's a safe choice - excellent short game, flicks, and opening loops have enough spin, only lacks top end power but I attribute that more to my technique (or lack thereof) than the rubber.

I've even flipped and tried it on the backhand, and I might just switch to it on the BH as well if the durability holds up.

Oct 2022
I've played a Tibhar Hybrid MK, Max on FH, 2.0 on BH, on a Viscaria style blade.

I disliked the rubber in general, especially on my FH. On BH it was a lot better, but not my holy grail so to say.

All in all, if you like what you are playing with, don't change it. If you dislike certain aspects, zoom in on those and research rubbers that might solve that part of what you miss (without throwing what you like overboard).
I agree with you, me too I disliked Hybrid MK on FH and also on BH it's not my holy grail, but it is fine and I'm not gonna change it for the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion on zooming those aspects that ones miss, it's what I try to do usually, it's good that other players do the same (y)

Reactions: kindof99
Oct 2022
I like both Bty G09C and Tibhar hybrid MK on my FH. On BH I need something with a little more catapult. I have some Nittaku Hammond Z2 lined up for this. But for now I am using Donic Accuda/Accuda blue. These are quite good I think. Another one I like on BH is regular Glazer why don´´t You try this. It's a little harder than hybrid MK but its quite good.

Get another Viscaria and use it for a test rig...

Cheers
L-zr
I've already tried the regular Glayzer on BH, it's very controlled and overall good, but I prefer on BH to stick with hybrids or tacky rubbers, I love the control I have on opening loops vs backspin, pushes etc...

Yes I always own at least two blades of the same model of similar weight in order to have both a backup and test rig.

I had two Viscaria up to June 2023, I made a stupid error of selling one...recently mother Butterfly raised Viscaria price from 129€ to 169€ (thanks Butterfly...), I might get a Stuor version, or better I might sell some stuff and then buy a real Viscaria (ouch!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazer
Oct 2022
And if you want a "test blade" to experiment with, head over to Aliexpress and look at the Stuor Viscaria-style blade.

Will probably be around 30 euros right now for Black Friday and acts very similar to a real Viscaria!
Immediately after you wrote this, I went to Ali to check those Stuor Viscaria style, they are awesome!

thanks man🙌

Reactions: enoxzr
Oct 2022
Not Viscaria, but I've been using the Glayzer 09C on a Timber 7 (kind of a Clipper clone), and so far so good...
It's not a very exciting rubber, but at my level it's a safe choice - excellent short game, flicks, and opening loops have enough spin, only lacks top end power but I attribute that more to my technique (or lack thereof) than the rubber.

I've even flipped and tried it on the backhand, and I might just switch to it on the BH as well if the durability holds up.
You should absolutely try the Glayzer 09C on an outer carbon, the combination is lovely, they are made for each other. You will find the top end power without losing control.

On BH Glayzer 09C is very good too!

Reactions: khayalmania