Replacement for MX-P on backhand

This user has no status.
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using MX-S on FH, MX-P on BH on a Tibhar Stratus PowerWood Blade. I'm looking to update my rubbers. (Don't think I'll improve a lot by switching blades at the moment)
I'm very satisfied with the MX-S at the moment but looking to switch out the MX-P.
I feel my racket is a tad bit heavy and hence maybe switching out the MX-P for a similar rubber would be the way to go. Any XIOM rubbers that you guys would recommend?

Also, just in case I wanted to switch to a carbon blade, what would be a good non-butterfly option?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using MX-S on FH, MX-P on BH on a Tibhar Stratus PowerWood Blade. I'm looking to update my rubbers. (Don't think I'll improve a lot by switching blades at the moment)
I'm very satisfied with the MX-S at the moment but looking to switch out the MX-P.
I feel my racket is a tad bit heavy and hence maybe switching out the MX-P for a similar rubber would be the way to go. Any XIOM rubbers that you guys would recommend?

Also, just in case I wanted to switch to a carbon blade, what would be a good non-butterfly option?

Victas V>11, it is made specifically to be light. If you insist on Xiom line then the Asia versions of Vega or Omega are the lighter ones. They try to copy the T64 pimple structure which is the lightest of the Tenergy series too. Be careful of the Ultramax (2.3mm) sponged rubbers, they probably will be heavier than MX-P.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Thank you!

What are the differences between the series versions of the Omega Pro? Like Omega Pro IV vs VII?

Well, XIOM's marketing has lots of buzzwords describing the differences between IV/V/or VII generations of rubbers. I would not attribute too much importance to these. If you see a great deal - like getting a new Omega Pro IV for half price of a new Omega Pro VII - go for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Hello everyone,

I would highly recommend the Xiom Omega 4 pro. In my opinion, it is much better balanced than the Omega 5 and 7. Give it a try if you can. Lots of spin, abundant control, and still a quick rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
(Don't think I'll improve a lot by switching blades at the moment)
This is funny. You won't improve by switching equipment regardless of what equipment you switch; not rubbers, not blade.....You improve by playing, training, playing matches.....equipment does not change very much.

By all means, try what ever equipment you want....buy whatever equipment you want. But don't think switching equipment will make you better. Once you are sufficiently used to what ever you use, your level will be what it is.

Nothing wrong with getting lighter rubbers. Or a lighter blade. But I doubt your setup is too heavy. If you are strong, you can use whatever weight blade you have. TT equipment, in truth, is pretty darn light. And heavier setups put more inertia into the ball on contact which adds to your power. But if you want or like lighter equipment, you don't need an excuse. You like setups that are lighter.

BTW: Do you really like using a rubber that is as hard as MXP on your BH?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I actually believe play level will rise after replacing a worn out rubber. The same, another, whatever. A fresh sheet every niw and then helps.

No real rise, though. Before that playlevel deteriorates because of incidental (but increasing) ball slippage, erratic serve quality, generally more unexpected errors.

In this limited sense I do believe that equipment does impact play level.