Rubber Boosting

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Everyone got a different boosting formula. Here's what you should be doing. Step by step.

1. Play the rubber without boost and review on what's lacking.
a. If it's too soft then, well buy a harder rubber.
b. If it's too hard. Then boost it with 1 layer, and repeat until it get to the softness you want.

done

/thread

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I am playing penhold from one year seriously that means training at least three times a week at the local club I am playing with stiga allround classic fh rubber is DHS skyline 3 neo and backhand is rakza 7 I am playing mainly looping game away from the table mid-distance I got my fh rubber one year ago played 5 months with it and I felt with my all round racket it was lacking speed so I boosted it with falco tempo 2layers and it extended quite well so my question is the rubber has already been factory boosted one time and I re-boosted it second time so my rubber still has some spin in it and it has already been 3 months since the second boost can I re boost it a third time becouse I feel the booster going away and wont I break the rubber by stretching it too much with the third boost?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am playing penhold from one year seriously that means training at least three times a week at the local club I am playing with stiga allround classic fh rubber is DHS skyline 3 neo and backhand is rakza 7 I am playing mainly looping game away from the table mid-distance I got my fh rubber one year ago played 5 months with it and I felt with my all round racket it was lacking speed so I boosted it with falco tempo 2layers and it extended quite well so my question is the rubber has already been factory boosted one time and I re-boosted it second time so my rubber still has some spin in it and it has already been 3 months since the second boost can I re boost it a third time becouse I feel the booster going away and wont I break the rubber by stretching it too much with the third boost?

You can boost. When boosting stops being beneficial are:

1) When the the topsheet stops gripping.
2) Or, if you boost and, after boosting, the sponge feels closer to how it did before boosting than how it should feel after boosting.

If you have either of those scenarios, it is time for a new rubber.

H3 can last a very long time for some people.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]nobody likes a dishonest man, neither i do.[/size]

OtElpW_FMhc.jpg

:thumbsdown:
thumbs-down-sign_1f44e.png

Last edited: