Rubber unable to stick on to blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Hi all,

I've bought a new Stiga clipper. I glued my rubber to both side of my blades using Donic Vario Clean. However while I was training, I noticed my I was unable to grip the ball with my forehand. I felt that something is wrong and pulled out my rubber. I was shocked that the rubber wasn't sticked to the blade. I've tried to paste it again and got the same result. The glue remained on the blade and wasn't stuck on the sponge. I've glued many rubbers before and this is the first time I've such problem.. :(

Oh yes I've forgotten to mention, it was for my forehand side. My backhand side is alright. The rubber I'm using is Tibhar Evolution MX-P.

Should I sand my forehand side abit? Any advise would be helpful .

PS : Pardon me for my poor english

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
tibhar evolution mx-p. So many people I know with this same issue on the rubber. Maybe because it's pretty porous.

Anyway, just add a couple more layers than usual on the rubber. After gluing one layer let it dry, then glue another and let dry, then repeat. easy solution. I use nittaku finezip glue with 2 layers on rubber and one on blade. but they're also pretty thick layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
20160308_132219.jpg

I uses one layer on blade and one layer on rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
tibhar evolution mx-p. So many people I know with this same issue on the rubber. Maybe because it's pretty porous.

Anyway, just add a couple more layers than usual on the rubber. After gluing one layer let it dry, then glue another and let dry, then repeat. easy solution. I use nittaku finezip glue with 2 layers on rubber and one on blade. but they're also pretty thick layers.

I've tried pasting it on other blade and did not had this problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I've tried pasting it on other blade and did not had this problem
okay, then add another layer or two to the blade. Nexy blades are generally a lot harder to get to stick so I had to have more glue on them when I used them. It's a common problem. Just add more glue until you can feel that it's enough.

When the glue dries you can touch it and feel if it's sticky or not. Let it dry and then lightly run your finger over the blade and rubber and make sure both are sticky all around with a good amount on each. Then put them together.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
okay, then add another layer or two to the blade. Nexy blades are generally a lot harder to get to stick so I had to have more glue on them when I used them. It's a common problem. Just add more glue until you can feel that it's enough.

When the glue dries you can touch it and feel if it's sticky or not. Let it dry and then lightly run your finger over the blade and rubber and make sure both are sticky all around with a good amount on each. Then put them together.

Thanks for your advise, but what do you mean by nexy blade? I've tried to google it and it's a brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
yea nexy is a brand that makes extraordinary blades that are pretty unique. they tend to be pretty smooth on the outer ply of wood so it took more glue.

I see, but mine is stiga, just wondering is there any connection to it ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Hi all,

I've tried 2 thick layer on the sponge and 1 thick layer on the blade. The bond wasn't very strong at first but I've left it under
some weights for quite a while. Now the feeling is much better, it should be alright now. Thanks alot !!