Same spin, suited for backhand Tenergy 05 alternative?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I too tried before Tenergy rubber on my BH but I find it to be too bouncy and not so beginner friendly ( Caveat: It has been a long while since I touch Tenergy rubber mainly due to its high cost ). However, in my memory there is one BH rubber that stands out for being easy to use and is very controllable. Furthermore this rubber is noob & wallet friendly too.

The rubber I am referring to is Xiom Vega Europe. It is an awesome BH rubber but if use on FH is a bit weak.

Just adding my two cents worth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I too tried before Tenergy rubber on my BH but I find it to be too bouncy and not so beginner friendly ( Caveat: It has been a long while since I touch Tenergy rubber mainly due to its high cost ). However, in my memory there is one BH rubber that stands out for being easy to use and is very controllable. Furthermore this rubber is noob & wallet friendly too.

The rubber I am referring to is Xiom Vega Europe. It is an awesome BH rubber but if use on FH is a bit weak.

Just adding my two cents worth.

You play with a hinoki blade right ? that's why it's too bouncy with that kind of rubber, it's not the rubber only for instance, it's your blade/rubber combination.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I thought he used h3 37 deg. Unless I'm missing sarcasm here.

By regular hardness Carl probably meant 39 deg and/or harder

It is hard to use a rubber on BH with a hard sponge because the BH, being a small stroke, cannot generate the kind of Impact Power that you can generate with the larger swing of the FH stroke.

As you stated, ML uses H3 with a 37-degree sponge (relatively SOFT) ON HIS BH. H3 usually comes with a sponge of 40, 41, or 39. Right? Sometimes you can get 38 degrees which is still sort of hard for BH. But the 37-degree sponge ML uses for the H3 that is on his backhand, HE HAD THAT SPECIALLY DEVELOPED FOR HIM to use on his BH. Before that, there were no soft versions of H3.

What I was implying was, that if Lodro is using an H3 that is not H3 with a 37-degree sponge, or one of the other H3 rubbers that has a softer sponge (like H3-50 Soft), THEN HE MUST HAVE A VERY POWERFUL BH, if he can use the very hard versions of H3 on his BH without any loss of performance.

Reactions: ricospin