Sanwei 75 Inner versus Yinhe 970xxA?

says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
Oct 2023
Hi all,

I've used Sanwei Fextra in the past and it really like it's shape and handle. It's the best all wood blade that I've played ao far... I've also used the Yinhe v14 Pro and though it's a great blade, I've found it to be a bit big and heavy when compared to the Sanwei.

So my question is... does the Sanwei 75 inner retain the dimensions of what Fextra used to be? Also, if someone has used it as well as the Yinhe 970xxA... how would you compare the two?

Note the rubbers I plan to use is Hurricane Neo 3 on FH and FastArc C1 on BH. It is the same rubber combination that is currently on the Fextra, lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I used all of these blades (now i feel like EJ😭)
I really liked the 970xxA, it is one of the best innerforce blades that has butterfly measurements.
Fextra has stiga measurements with a bigger top. Kinda in between dhs and stiga.

And sanwei 75 inner has DHS measurements, which i believe is the closest to Fextra.
Sanwei 75 inner is really easy to use with good speed. I recommend it for you. As it is semi light, fast and really easy to use.

For me with DNA pro M, 970xxa is better. Now i use Yinhe pro 01 or Donic crest off.

Hopefully this helps!😌

Reactions: Sincerarity
Oct 2023
I switched from the Fextra to the Sanwei 75 Inner. Think the dimensions are roughly the same but the Fextra has a more squared handle and the 75 has a rounder handle. If you liked the Fextra then the 75 will feel comfortable enough.
Thanks @turbozed - I've placed an order on Ali. Quick question - how did you find the transition from the Fextra to the inner carbon 75? Was there a big adjustment in terms of feel and control? Is there a noticeable speed difference?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Thanks @turbozed - I've placed an order on Ali. Quick question - how did you find the transition from the Fextra to the inner carbon 75? Was there a big adjustment in terms of feel and control? Is there a noticeable speed difference?
Almost zero adjustment period for me. Despite the bump in hardness frequency (around 1330hz to 1400hz) low impact shots and short play felt just as controlled as the Fextra. You just feel the power on harder shots and the throw is a bit higher where you want to close the racket a bit more for drives. Looping underspin became a lot easier. I expected a much bigger adjustment from all wood to 'carbon.'

Oct 2023
Almost zero adjustment period for me. Despite the bump in hardness frequency (around 1330hz to 1400hz) low impact shots and short play felt just as controlled as the Fextra. You just feel the power on harder shots and the throw is a bit higher where you want to close the racket a bit more for drives. Looping underspin became a lot easier. I expected a much bigger adjustment from all wood to 'carbon.'
That's great! One last question, does the blade come factory sealed or did you have to seal it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
That's great! One last question, does the blade come factory sealed or did you have to seal it?
It's not factory sealed and I didn't seal it because I figured koto wouldn't splinter while I'm using DHS No. 5 glue. If you're using a harder to remove glue you may want to consider sealing it with wipe on polyurethane. If it does splinter, though, it's good that the blade is dirt cheap.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I am using Sueke No 1 which I got from Ali. Great glue, but not as good as DHS No. 5.

I usually seal my blades with a thin layer of wood varnish followed by some light sanding. I might just do that here to be safe.
I've heard of varnish changing the properties of the wood a bit. Not quite sure but wipe on poly might be the better option if you just want protection (I'm sure there's threads on this topic). I don't have to sand after the poly and rubbers stick fine. Also tested the frequency before and after and it was the exact same.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
My 75 inner is 157 x 150 mm, the handle is comfy, way bigger at the bottom than near the plate. 1399Hz, slower than Ovtcharov ALC but definetely faster than my Korbel.

I haven't played the fextra but I'm sure tha with 75 inner you'll find the typical benefits of carbon with a nice touch and dwell. You'll be able to lift backspin with ease and your topspin drives will be strong. Also your blocks will be easier. Adjustment period will vary greatly upon different players, you'll need to know how to control the short game, the tricky spins, which will be more difficult than with your previous all wood, but not by much since you have been using a pretty fast all wood blade. A famous chinese trainer of Pro Leauge here said to me that from wood to master a carbon blade ones need 6-8 months but to me it is really subjective.