This user has no status.
Sep 2023
confusing.. the pic on AliExpress looks like koto
1717765835220.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
attached a screenshot of the wood from your Fextra 5 and a Viscaria with Koto. When you see them next to each other you'll notice the difference.
But I guess limba is better for the soft easy feeling of a 5 ply wooden blade.
It is Koto.

I have several copies of Persson Powerplay and they look exactly the same as Fextra 5 (as shown in the picture next to a Viscaria). I do not know if there is another version of Fextra Pro with limba outerply.

With koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto composition and thickness of 5.8 mm, then it is indeed "another version" of Avalox P500 and BTY Hadraw 5 (and old old Stiga Offensive Classic).

This user has no status.
attached a screenshot of the wood from your Fextra 5 and a Viscaria with Koto. When you see them next to each other you'll notice the difference.
But I guess limba is better for the soft easy feeling of a 5 ply wooden blade.
Koto is available in huge varieties of appearances, the comparison you have shows a standard grade Koto top ply, while the Viscaria has a more "figured", beamed fishscale pattern. Darker, straight streaks, which are pores have very similar distribution and other characteristics on both, despite the spectacularly diferent textures of the specimens. I say, this is definitely no way it could be Limba.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
@Doum How would you describe the flex and dwell time compared to the Korbel?

I only tested the blade on my return board so far.

To me they feel similar. Really close. But the Fextra 5 have a little bit more crisp feeling. Like a little bit less vibration and they last a shorter time. But you have to test them side to side to notice that.

The handle is thick, i measured them:

Korbel: 22.2mm

Fextra 7: 23.4mm

Fextra 5: 24.4mm