Sanwei Fextra 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hello !

A little background, I've been playing with a Yasaka Sweden Extra for 1 year and I want to change it. I'm looking for an all-wood alternative to the Viscaria, since the Innerforce ALC didn't convince me. Objective: find a practice blade, which is as close as possible to Viscaria (handle, sensations, etc.) in order to improve myself. A 7-ply blade seems to be the best option and the one that best meets the specifications is the Sanwei Fextra :
cheap (25$), large handle, same size (157x150mm), little vibration, not head heavy, etc...

I would like to have your opinion on this blade and its ability to meet my criteria.

zoom_sanwei-fextra.jpg

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I received the blade and I did 3 x 4 hours of training / matches with it. For information, I used a H3 39° (3 layers of booster) in the forehand and an H8-80 37° in the backhand.

It's simply the best blade I've tested so far. The handle is indeed similar to that of the Viscaria which is very natural for me, it nevertheless deserves a light sanding for comfort. The wood vibrates moderately and you can feel the control it offers, especially in the short game or in blocks. In terms of speed, it sits between the Yasaka Sweden Extra and the Butterfly Innerforce ALC without lacking power when really called upon. For 23€ on aliexpress it's just a great tool and an unfair competitor to the DHS Power G7 for which I was very disappointed.

Thanks to this test, I answered my own questions and I am now happy to have found the blade that will accompany me during the coming season.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Did you by chance weigh your Fextra or measure its thickness? Speed between Sweden Extra and Innerforce ALC sounds promising and should put it in the same range as my Hinotec Off-.Reason why I'm asking is that I use the same setup (H3 39 and H8-80 37) on my Hinotec but am still missing the typical/crispier feeling of my H3s that I had on other blades and a bit speed further away from the table. Seems like the hinoki is attenuating hard strokes a bit too much.

This user has no status.
I keep seeing this blade on Aliexpress and i feel or plan to get one, first i was thinking about using it as a test with pimples, but then i remember that i already have the regular Yasaka Extra [Just Extra normal one, nothing else], and i use it with H3 boosted on FH and Yasaka Anti Power on BH, and it is almost in the slow bad control side, so i was thinking about maybe replace it to any 7ply wood blade, i ordered many, but i feel about ordering this as a replacement and tester too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Did you by chance weigh your Fextra or measure its thickness? Speed between Sweden Extra and Innerforce ALC sounds promising and should put it in the same range as my Hinotec Off-.Reason why I'm asking is that I use the same setup (H3 39 and H8-80 37) on my Hinotec but am still missing the typical/crispier feeling of my H3s that I had on other blades and a bit speed further away from the table. Seems like the hinoki is attenuating hard strokes a bit too much.

My kitchen scale may not be the most accurate there is, but it displays 83g for my Sweden Extra and 87g for my Fextra.
My innerforce (90g) was from 2016 and it sounded amazing with the H3. I find this sound a little with the Fextra but only when I hit in the sweet spot (smaller)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I keep seeing this blade on Aliexpress and i feel or plan to get one, first i was thinking about using it as a test with pimples, but then i remember that i already have the regular Yasaka Extra [Just Extra normal one, nothing else], and i use it with H3 boosted on FH and Yasaka Anti Power on BH, and it is almost in the slow bad control side, so i was thinking about maybe replace it to any 7ply wood blade, i ordered many, but i feel about ordering this as a replacement and tester too.

In my opinion, the H3 is not at all compatible with the Sweden Classic or Extra. These are slow and very flexible blades with a hard outer ply. The ball is ejected too quickly from the racket because of the ply, without gaining speed. Since the plastic ball, the H3 is much more interesting on carbon blade, but if like me you prefer to preserve on an all wood for at least a while then a faster and stiffer 7 ply is very nice. Among them I chose the Fextra for its handle, its weight, its dimensions and its price.

This user has no status.

In my opinion, the H3 is not at all compatible with the Sweden Classic or Extra. These are slow and very flexible blades with a hard outer ply. The ball is ejected too quickly from the racket because of the ply, without gaining speed. Since the plastic ball, the H3 is much more interesting on carbon blade, but if like me you prefer to preserve on an all wood for at least a while then a faster and stiffer 7 ply is very nice. Among them I chose the Fextra for its handle, its weight, its dimensions and its price.

It is actually the BH side is the main problem, not the FH, i once had a used H3 rubber not sure which model at all and the coach who i bought from didn't know its exact model was put on my Butterfly Primorac EX+ blade and it was really amazing, so tacky that one player once told me it is a "Catchy" rubber which he means tacky i believe, but that racket was stolen from me in the club, has Rakza 7 Soft on BH and that also was amazing rubber, but overall the racket wasn't perfect for everything, i win over 3 opponents with it and lose against 5 for example, or i win like 7 games against one opponent and lost 3-4 against him too with the same racket, so couldn't judge it and wanted more time with it but it was gone, now the three H3 rubbers i tested none of them were catchy or tacky as that one i used before, and all three are faster and higher throw angle to me, so kind of the rubber is no solution now, and thus i just focus in blades only for a while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

My kitchen scale may not be the most accurate there is, but it displays 83g for my Sweden Extra and 87g for my Fextra.
My innerforce (90g) was from 2016 and it sounded amazing with the H3. I find this sound a little with the Fextra but only when I hit in the sweet spot (smaller)

Thank you. My Sweden Extra is in the same range (84g afair). Now I only have to decide if I get an original Fextra or a newer Fextra One for testing ;)

Thank you. My Sweden Extra is in the same range (84g afair). Now I only have to decide if I get an original Fextra or a newer Fextra One for testing ;)

My two Fextras are 85 gramm , thickness 5,95 , 157x150mm. Good response , not absolut stiff and not so stiff as Stiga clipper , speed little above Korbel , medium soft feel , good dwell time. Very interesting for inverted and short pips players , nice handle and good price. Played vith JoolaAGR/ACC , Dr.N. Killer , Spinlord Keiler and others.

Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.
Hello !

A little background, I've been playing with a Yasaka Sweden Extra for 1 year and I want to change it. I'm looking for an all-wood alternative to the Viscaria, since the Innerforce ALC didn't convince me. Objective: find a practice blade, which is as close as possible to Viscaria (handle, sensations, etc.) in order to improve myself. A 7-ply blade seems to be the best option and the one that best meets the specifications is the Sanwei Fextra :
cheap (25$), large handle, same size (157x150mm), little vibration, not head heavy, etc...

I would like to have your opinion on this blade and its ability to meet my criteria.

zoom_sanwei-fextra.jpg

Thanks
As Mr. mocker 88 said, we have stopped producing this blade. We have replaced this blade with Fextra One.
At the same time, we also found that pure wood blades are really popular in the European market. We plan to launch two pure wood blades suitable for most middle players, they have a very good reaction.

Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.

Maybe discontinued but still available on Aliexpress 😁
They have a big stock so we can continue to speak about it for a moment

Maybe there are some old model Fextra 7 on Aliexpress, but the sellers are not our official distributors so we don't confirm whether the goods are real or not.o_O
Because we have received some fake product rights protection from Aliexpress. We regret this. So it is better to buy our products from official channels.✍️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Maybe there are some old model Fextra 7 on Aliexpress, but the sellers are not our official distributors so we don't confirm whether the goods are real or not.o_O
Because we have received some fake product rights protection from Aliexpress. We regret this. So it is better to buy our products from official channels.✍️
It is hard to imagine for me that someone produce fake version from a 20$ blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
As Mr. mocker 88 said, we have stopped producing this blade. We have replaced this blade with Fextra One.
At the same time, we also found that pure wood blades are really popular in the European market. We plan to launch two pure wood blades suitable for most middle players, they have a very good reaction.

What's the difference between the Fextra 7 and the Fextra One ? Because I love the handle of the Fextra 7... so I hope you didnt change it.

This user has no status.
What's the difference between the Fextra 7 and the Fextra One ? Because I love the handle of the Fextra 7... so I hope you didnt change it.
As far as I can tell the handle is differenet. Fextra 7 used to have a thicker one with better grip for longer hands but the new one is just like from 75 ALC which is a little bit thinner, but not as thin as those from DHS. Also, the compisiton I think is relatively the same but the Fextra one has a thicker core

This user has no status.
What's the difference between the Fextra 7 and the Fextra One? Because I love the handle of the Fextra 7... so I hope you didnt change it.

Thanks for your feedback, it really makes sense and gives us a new angle. 😮

We will refer to your suggestions in the subsequent development.✍️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hey,
If you want to take care for our you should definitely seal the blade. It tends to splinter. I had 3, and each of them had splintered.

Reactions: turbozed