Sanwei target national new version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
after some trainings, I can say that more and more I like this rubber. I can't compare to other Chinese rubber as this is my first time with sticky and Chinese rubber, but blocks with it is so easy and topspins are so deadly :D My coach said that it has quite low trajectory and the ball gets accelerated right after they bounce from the table, it is really hard to block such topspins and require some skills not expected from Sundays players.
Going forward I'm in love in FZD ALC ST... at the beginning I was affraid that my wrist will shout for help due to change in weight (my Nittaku Acoustic with T05/T64 = 172g vs FZD ALC G1/STN = 192 g) it is 20g difference.
Nothing such has happened so far.
If I don't forget to take with me the Camera stand for the next training session I will record some drills.

Reactions: JJ Ng and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
after some trainings, I can say that more and more I like this rubber. I can't compare to other Chinese rubber as this is my first time with sticky and Chinese rubber, but blocks with it is so easy and topspins are so deadly :D My coach said that it has quite low trajectory and the ball gets accelerated right after they bounce from the table, it is really hard to block such topspins and require some skills not expected from Sundays players.
Going forward I'm in love in FZD ALC ST... at the beginning I was affraid that my wrist will shout for help due to change in weight (my Nittaku Acoustic with T05/T64 = 172g vs FZD ALC G1/STN = 192 g) it is 20g difference.
Nothing such has happened so far.
If I don't forget to take with me the Camera stand for the next training session I will record some drills.
Haha...I am glad you like Sanwei Target National. It is just an easy rubber to use. Again I don't know how to describe it. Straight out of the package, it is ready (not boosting required). But that's also why I stopped my trials of hybrid rubber at K1 European and K2. I know there are other hybrids such as DragonGrip, 09c, Rakza Z, Xiom China, etc. When STN just plays quite well straight out of the package, why do I need to spend mucho money on trying various hybrids for?

I played friendship 729, Globe 999 and Juic 999 growing up. I am used to the spinny rubber. When you loop with the Chinese rubber and you do it properly, the ball will just graze over the net slightly and drop on the other side of the table with a "kick" (meaning the speed of the ball would just go straight up). The other person can see your ball coming but then the ball drops and speeds up tremendously to suprise your opponent. And when it kicks, it has a sinking feeling right afterward. So many people blocking the ball end up missing it completely because they place their paddles too high.

That is another reason why I get confused by people arguing about the throw angle being high or low. I am like, isn't a low throw angle better? All Chinese rubbers give that low throw angle, especially when you loop a heavy backspin. Why do you need a tensor rubber and have the ball clear above the net by a foot (ok I am exaggerating a bit here but you know what I mean)? Yes high throw angle and high net clearance mean the ball will not hit the net. But that also means the other person has more time to prepare for your return.

By the way, I hated Baracuda. That rubber's throw angle was so high that it was useless to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@JJ Ng have you boosted STN new? Any experience you can share comparing boosted to non-boosted one? What booster have you used?
I've never boosted any rubbers before, but would like to test it on previously ripped off STN. I know how it plays direct out of the package but now I'm curious what to expect from boosted rubbers taking into account that I've no experience and frankly don't know what to expect :p
I've already put 1 layer of glue and and waiting to dry and after that will apply 1st layer of Seamoon booster and let them sink for about 24hrs, then the 2'nd layer of booster for the next 24hrs. and finally one layer of glue on rubber and on blade.
If in above process there is something which needs to be corrected, let me know as there so many tutorials and guidelines how to boost that man can be lost, I thought it might be something in the middle and cannot go wrong :p

Any comments are more than welcome from anyone :)
IMG_4240.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
@JJ Ng have you boosted STN new? Any experience you can share comparing boosted to non-boosted one? What booster have you used?
I've never boosted any rubbers before, but would like to test it on previously ripped off STN. I know how it plays direct out of the package but now I'm curious what to expect from boosted rubbers taking into account that I've no experience and frankly don't know what to expect :p
I've already put 1 layer of glue and and waiting to dry and after that will apply 1st layer of Seamoon booster and let them sink for about 24hrs, then the 2'nd layer of booster for the next 24hrs. and finally one layer of glue on rubber and on blade.
If in above process there is something which needs to be corrected, let me know as there so many tutorials and guidelines how to boost that man can be lost, I thought it might be something in the middle and cannot go wrong :p

Any comments are more than welcome from anyone :)View attachment 26711
I have not tried STN recently. I did not boost and later boosted. I thought it felt the same. The issue is I like my black sheet much much better than my red sheet. Don't know why. Red sheet, the throw angle and everything is off. Unfortunately, my black sheet's sponge ripped when I tried to transferred it onto another blade.

So my experience is not that extensive. I can see you that you have a black sheet.

I have another black sheet, new, not used. I am just not that interested in putting that onto a blade right now. I have been busy experimenting with various ESN rubbers on my BH.

I am sure you will do well. I used to boost with Falco. Recently I have been using Seamoon on Chinese rubber and Falco on ESN rubber. Do I see a big difference? Not really.

Please let us know how your boosting goes!

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yesterday tried my FZD ALC + D09C and boosted STN and I didn't like it, but STN after boosting stretched much over the blade and the whole setup weight over 200g and was much head heavy. I think it lost some balance and when I came back to home, I cut the rubber to the blade using an upholstery knife and the weight is ~195g now.
All my strokes were very odd. Not sure whether it was more spin or spin enough because I didn't feel it when I hit but my opponent was struggling to keep the ball on the table then seems to be fine but using G-1 I feel when it was more spinny or when it was hit harder.
This was my first try with boosting the rubber. I don't know whether it was enough layers of booster, amount of booster per layer, if 2 layers are enough, etc... This rubber is not well known in that matter so there isn't any other experience to compare with.
I will give it a try today once again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Would someone be able to give me link in AliExpress which store has the latest STN rubber to purchase? Seems to be difficult to find the latest version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm

Just checking. The gold one is the new one with blue sponge? Because there seem to be orange and blue. It's just so confusing to someone who normally don't use this brand.
The gold national version is new and considered "2nd generation" and it has blue sponge.

The Target 3 Pro (with silver and red packages) have orange sponge. I think these use a totally different sponge and style.

Reactions: davidsyd828
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Recently I got a new STN from @mocker88 along with a Gear Hyper Blue and I have to say the STN is really good.
Without any boosting or treatment just sticking it on my Cybershape it feels like a deliciously boosted H3 blue.
The new STN is very pleasing rubber, I think Sanwei nailed it. I would recommend it over the Loki Artur China if the durability will hold up or I would probably even recommend it over H3 blue boosted.

Truly great rubber and well done Sanwei! Also @mocker88 has great service.

I will nitpick too. @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwai National Target uncut out of the pack has a non-square shape. The top part is thinner than the bottom part.
1712183798023.png

My problem is that if I try to glue this on a Cybershape it's very very tight. I do not know what is your reason to use this non-square shape but one needs to be super precise to glue this shape onto a Cybershape. It is possible but they need to be very experienced to do it. Maybe just ship this rubber as a square? Please!

Also @mocker88 @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwei shoes will be in stock in chtt.se store? I think they look awesome and make Lining boa laced shoes run for their money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Recently I got a new STN from @mocker88 along with a Gear Hyper Blue and I have to say the STN is really good.
Without any boosting or treatment just sticking it on my Cybershape it feels like a deliciously boosted H3 blue.
The new STN is very pleasing rubber, I think Sanwei nailed it. I would recommend it over the Loki Artur China if the durability will hold up or I would probably even recommend it over H3 blue boosted.

Truly great rubber and well done Sanwei! Also @mocker88 has great service.

I will nitpick too. @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwai National Target uncut out of the pack has a non-square shape. The top part is thinner than the bottom part.
View attachment 29184

My problem is that if I try to glue this on a Cybershape it's very very tight. I do not know what is your reason to use this non-square shape but one needs to be super precise to glue this shape onto a Cybershape. It is possible but they need to be very experienced to do it. Maybe just ship this rubber as a square? Please!

Also @mocker88 @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwei shoes will be in stock in chtt.se store? I think they look awesome and make Lining boa laced shoes run for their money.
I am back to using STN on some of my blades. I mentioned in other threads, I really like STN. I don't know what is fuss about it. I feel that STN is not as dynamic (just slightly) as Hurricane 3 neo provincial blue sponge 39 degree but close enough. The tackiness on STN is great! The rubber overall lasts. I have no problem with it at all. And at $30 a piece for STN (I get it from Megaspin) and my source of Hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge is $45 to $48 a piece, STN is a steal!!!

A couple things I want to note:

1) If I buy STN, I know it is tacky. The source from Aliexpress I am getting H3 hurricane neo provincial blue sponge 39 degree is tacky so far. I don't know when that will change. Everybody knows the new patch of H3 is non-tacky anymore so I am just waiting for my source from Aliexpress running out of H3 tacky version soon. At least with STN, when I buy it, I know it is tacky.

2) That's why people on the forum keep on talking about various tacky rubbers such as Loki Arthur China, Friendship Battle II, etc. etc. I have no interest in trying them! Maybe they are tacky. Maybe they are not! STN is consistently tacky and I have never gotten a bad sheet so far.

3) The blue sponge for STN is a bit fragile. When I try to transfer it from one racket to another, part of the sponge crumples. So once you stick it on, try not to transfer it from one racket to another.

That's pretty much it!

I am glad that @mocker88 recommended STN to you. I have recommended to a lot of people on the forum but not sure they take my advice seriously.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I am back to using STN on some of my blades. I mentioned in other threads, I really like STN. I don't know what is fuss about it. I feel that STN is not as dynamic (just slightly) as Hurricane 3 neo provincial blue sponge 39 degree but close enough. The tackiness on STN is great! The rubber overall lasts. I have no problem with it at all. And at $30 a piece for STN (I get it from Megaspin) and my source of Hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge is $45 to $48 a piece, STN is a steal!!!

A couple things I want to note:

1) If I buy STN, I know it is tacky. The source from Aliexpress I am getting H3 hurricane neo provincial blue sponge 39 degree is tacky so far. I don't know when that will change. Everybody knows the new patch of H3 is non-tacky anymore so I am just waiting for my source from Aliexpress running out of H3 tacky version soon. At least with STN, when I buy it, I know it is tacky.

2) That's why people on the forum keep on talking about various tacky rubbers such as Loki Arthur China, Friendship Battle II, etc. etc. I have no interest in trying them! Maybe they are tacky. Maybe they are not! STN is consistently tacky and I have never gotten a bad sheet so far.

3) The blue sponge for STN is a bit fragile. When I try to transfer it from one racket to another, part of the sponge crumples. So once you stick it on, try not to transfer it from one racket to another.

That's pretty much it!

I am glad that @mocker88 recommended STN to you. I have recommended to a lot of people on the forum but not sure they take my advice seriously.
I would even argue that STN is more dynamic than H3N BS. Maybe if you boost up the H3 BS then it's more dynamic, certainly I have overboosted Chinese rubbers so much they were faster than D64 lol but they weren't good to play with.

The topsheet seems nice and I believe the sponge is rather good. Could be fragile as you say but I can feel the ball quite well in it and has some bounce. If I hit hard the ball goes. The topsheet is not that reactive either so coming off of Mantra Pro XH it wasn't very hard to get used to it. The Mantra topsheet is chill and this one seems chill too but imparts more spin. Certainly better for serves than the Mantra Pro.

It's not heavy either, on a Cybershape it's about 52g, I guess on a normal blade around 49-50g which is also comparable to H3 BS.

I don't get why people say it has a low trajectory, I didn't notice. Sure if I hit hard the ball flies kind of straight but so does with H3 BS. This is a feature not a bug.

Not sure I like it more than Mantra Pro but I like it a lot. I need to use it more, possibly it breaks in a little too.
What I kind of struggled was when I got a ball it on me I can't just hold the racket for blocking it will fall into the net. With Mantra it pings back pretty well but this for sure can be adjusted to.
I suppose Mantra Pro is more comfy and chill to play with while giving so great performance while this might have a bit more spin in it it needs more work.

I know some guys who would like this rubber a lot @latej @Attitude @longle just to name a few whom I seen playing and have some idea what they look for in a rubber.

This user has no status.
If im not mistaken they changed the rubber and i had the old version, that had this low trajectory.

And i have to disagree to a certain extent. If i hard loop with H3 or any other of my current rubbers the ball doesnt go in a straight line but curves. I can do decent loops from quite under the table and/or even close to the table.
This was nearly impossible with the older stn or at least a pain in the ass.

But good point either way. Maybe i will add it to the list of stuff i wanna ej around with in the coming summer break.

• Wow
Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
The old one had such a straight trajectory? o_O
The new feels fine to me if I want I can curve the ball very well, but if I want a straight shot it can do it too. No issues for me to pick up low balls. Summer break sounds like a good time to try. Give it a spin if you have the chance, I rec.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
The old one had such a straight trajectory? o_O
The new feels fine to me if I want I can curve the ball very well, but if I want a straight shot it can do it too. No issues for me to pick up low balls. Summer break sounds like a good time to try. Give it a spin if you have the chance, I rec.
Yes it has. With Mantra H, Jupiter 3, Bloom Arc, H3 I can powerloop with arc while with the same movement with STN the ball drops into the net. So I had to adjust and brush really properly. Other than that, it's a very good rubber. Powerful sponge, more lively than H3 Prov Blue, easy to achieve high speed, has decent catapult and the crazy spin.

Reactions: Zwill