Sanwei target national new version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ordered šŸ˜‰
I hope you will like it. I don't know if Sanwei Target National/STN is harder and faster than boosted H3 neo. I go by the feelings of the rubber. And as we know, Chinese brand might not have the best quality control so one sheet might be different than another sheet. I have used 18 or 20 sheets of H3 neo from TT11 (never been disappointed by any of them though despite the quality control issues). I have opened and used 2 sheets of STN. Both sheets are good. Not boosted. And I like them so far, better than my H3 neo. Cross our fingers. I hope I like them even more and I hope you like them as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I ordered Nittaku Fastarc g-1 on bh, too šŸ˜‰ as I read a lot of good about it. I have new never tried FZD ALC and ML5 and new sheets of Dignics 05. Before I open and cut them I would like try something cheaper, thatā€™s why ordered STN and Nittaku g1
Great! STN and Nittaku G-1 should be a good set-up. G-1 has been the best selling rubber on TT11 for a while. I have a club mate who loved her C-1 but never graduated to G-1 because G-1 is too fast for her. My transition from C-1 to G-1 was pretty smooth. I really really do not find G-1 to be that fast. I guess everyone's physique and technique are different.

I really like G-1 in terms of blocking and deep spinny push. I am a former penholder, now shakehander so I don't loop with my backhand. Enjoy your set up!

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Great! STN and Nittaku G-1 should be a good set-up. G-1 has been the best selling rubber on TT11 for a while. I have a club mate who loved her C-1 but never graduated to G-1 because G-1 is too fast for her. My transition from C-1 to G-1 was pretty smooth. I really really do not find G-1 to be that fast. I guess everyone's physique and technique are different.

I really like G-1 in terms of blocking and deep spinny push. I am a former penholder, now shakehander so I don't loop with my backhand. Enjoy your set up!
It is good to hear, but as I read G-1 is also good for looping. Frankly speaking my BH and FH attack in terms of looping/top spin is quite similar. Now I'm playing with Tenergy 64 max on BH on Nittaku Accoustic (5 ply wood) and this is a beast, arc is low, speed is crazy and I really like my BH finishing topspins.

FZD ALC will be faster than Accoustic so slower G-1 than T64 might give the similar feeling/speed as I have now.
Just bought G-1 (found discount in ma local shop ~42Euro per sheet) and would like to try first Chinese rubber as I've never tried it before.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@mocker88 package arrived. Thanks! šŸ˜‰
Everything is ready to be assembled šŸ˜€

IMG_2620.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
@mocker88 package arrived. Thanks! šŸ˜‰
Everything is ready to be assembled šŸ˜€

View attachment 25378
Yayyyyy! I saw Timo Boll and Dimitrij Ovtcharov both put two layers of Butterfly Free chack glues on the rubber. Not sure why? I think one of them like to stretch the rubber a bit when laying it down on the blader to create some tension. The other one does not like the stretch the rubber.

They did YouTube videos on that topic. I watched both of their videos on YouTube and it was literally (and figuratively) watching paint dry. Lol!

I think Timo said Free chack is his favorite glue (he is sponsored by Butterfly so I don't think he could have said anything else!). :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
this is my first time with sticky Chinese rubber, should I peal off the cover when I put the layer of glue?
I did it not sure whether I should have done it but this rubber bends horrible... ;/
It is really difficult to spread the glue on the sponge
No, I keep the plastic cover on. I just don't like anything dirt or blue on the rubber when I do the installation process. Then when I am ready to place the rubber onto the blade, I use a ball countainer (as a roller) to roll the rubber onto the blade. Now, the plastic on the rubber does look all messed up in the process. No worry. that does not affect the performance of the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yayyyyy! I saw Timo Boll and Dimitrij Ovtcharov both put two layers of Butterfly Free chack glues on the rubber. Not sure why? I think one of them like to stretch the rubber a bit when laying it down on the blader to create some tension. The other one does not like the stretch the rubber.

They did YouTube videos on that topic. I watched both of their videos on YouTube and it was literally (and figuratively) watching paint dry. Lol!

I think Timo said Free chack is his favorite glue (he is sponsored by Butterfly so I don't think he could have said anything else!). :) :)
Yeap, I saw these video's, I do the same if the rubber is new, 2 layers, but after I put it on the blade, I do not roll heavy to not stretch much. I don't need much tension = more speed, if roll heavier, after pilling it of the blade and trying to assembly once again rubber is smaller and need to be stretched to fit the head of the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is the sponge very dense like H3 or is it porous?

I had the old STN and the sponge was quite porous and way too soft for FH sticky rubber. It was indeed quite bouncy and fast, but the throw angle was just absurdly low. I would miss all my loops and counters badly into the net. The trajectory would shock and frustrate me evey time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Lol, did they put some special component in their Butterfly Free Chack glue?

I used Revolution Nr.3, Glue Normal Viscosity to glue my STN black and STN red sheets. Neither time it curled up like that. I am sure it does not affect the play.

As for after you take off the plastic cover, yes, it looks like some "stretch marks" on the top of the black sheet. It does not the play at all. It is just a bit weird looking. I came from boosting and gluing H3 neo so I find those "stretch marks" weird. But once I started playing the paddle, I do not notice anything funny at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Lol, did they put some special component in their Butterfly Free Chack glue?

I used Revolution Nr.3, Glue Normal Viscosity to glue my STN black and STN red sheets. Neither time it curled up like that. I am sure it does not affect the play.
Not sure, but I don't think so. I just add this glue (w/o any bias from Boll/Dima as it is so wonderful or superb) to the order when I purchased 2 Tenergies form BTF shop. I haven't got any glue to assembly the racket that's why bought it in one place.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I was playing for the first time new blade, everything was new to me so difficult to find the difference. But the blade FZd ALC is awesome, love from the first sight. Nittaku g-1 on BH excellent, spin, control, speed. Iā€™m bty ā€œboyā€ havenā€™t played anything else in terms of rubbers but nittaku is great. In terms of STNā€¦. Hmmm this was my first time with tacky rubber and with Chinese rubber. First feeling I was checking whether there was a rubber on the blade because the sound was as I would hit naked blade šŸ¤£ but spin was excellent, countertopspin was superb.
My friends with whom a was playing couple of times checked if the ball is not broken then he realized the it was the sound of fzd alc + stn šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ This was so funny.
In general it is really promising setup I hadnā€™t any trouble to handle it as mentioned until now I was playing only full woody blade and bty rubbers so this is 180* difference for me. On BH with Nittaku there was a smooth transition, FH + STN had to adjust the move but after a while I was playing everything I wanted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I was playing for the first time new blade, everything was new to me so difficult to find the difference. But the blade FZd ALC is awesome, love from the first sight. Nittaku g-1 on BH excellent, spin, control, speed. Iā€™m bty ā€œboyā€ havenā€™t played anything else in terms of rubbers but nittaku is great. In terms of STNā€¦. Hmmm this was my first time with tacky rubber and with Chinese rubber. First feeling I was checking whether there was a rubber on the blade because the sound was as I would hit naked blade šŸ¤£ but spin was excellent, countertopspin was superb.
My friends with whom a was playing couple of times checked if the ball is not broken then he realized the it was the sound of fzd alc + stn šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ This was so funny.
In general it is really promising setup I hadnā€™t any trouble to handle it as mentioned until now I was playing only full woody blade and bty rubbers so this is 180* difference for me. On BH with Nittaku there was a smooth transition, FH + STN had to adjust the move but after a while I was playing everything I wanted.
Great. Glad that you like the set-up.

G-1 is an easy rubber to get used to. Yeah Chinese rubber is not the same as Butterfly rubbers.

Carbon blades also in general make a very distinct sound. I hear that all the time when I hit with my Acoustic carbon.

Hope you like the set-up more and more as time goes on!