Sealing on DHS Fang bo carbon blade

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Some people like to deal their blades. Some people don't. You don't need to. It is a choice. It does protect the blade a little but it isn't necessary.

There are many options for sealing. Most TT companies make some form of blade sealer. Any of them would work. So would any version of sealant from a hardware store.

I use MinWax Wipe on Poly. It is really easy to apply and fairly inexpensive.

But you only do it if you want to.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
I seal with Xiom I-Sure and off brand PU. Never had to sand. I've sealed hundreds of blades.

This was the last time I seal many blades in one go. Experimenting how many blades I could seal with a small bottle of xiom i-sure (inside was off brand PU).

Those sealed includes: head, sides, handle. So if only sealing heads it could seal so many more blades.
72c973d16d7a8b788e9e2d15a1492b2d.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I seal with Xiom I-Sure and off brand PU. Never had to sand. I've sealed hundreds of blades.

This was the last time I seal many blades in one go. Experimenting how many blades I could seal with a small bottle of xiom i-sure (inside was off brand PU).

Those sealed includes: head, sides, handle. So if only sealing heads it could seal so many more blades.
cache.php
What kind of Forrest do you have there. ;-)

This user has no status.
Some people like to deal their blades. Some people don't. You don't need to. It is a choice. It does protect the blade a little but it isn't necessary.

There are many options for sealing. Most TT companies make some form of blade sealer. Any of them would work. So would any version of sealant from a hardware store.

I use MinWax Wipe on Poly. It is really easy to apply and fairly inexpensive.

But you only do it if you want to.

Does it affects its play? I mean, when you seal a blade, does it becomes noticeably harder, stiffer, or something like that?
I have a signed blade that i want to use, so i'm thinking of sealing it to protect it.
Thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Does it affects its play? I mean, when you seal a blade, does it becomes noticeably harder, stiffer, or something like that?
I have a signed blade that i want to use, so i'm thinking of sealing it to protect it.
Thanks

Sealing does affect how the blade plays to some extent. How much it affects how the blade plays actually depends on how much sealant you use.

I personally put a very thin layer of sealant on which is also why I use MinWax Wipe-On-Poly. You can put a very think layer and still get full coverage.

So, I doubt anyone would be able to feel the difference on the blades I have sealed. But there still is a tiny difference. If the layer was thicker, it would be more. But you would probably have to put a very thick layer on to have a real effect.

And that is just what the NCT coating on a bunch of Stiga blades is: a thick layer of sealant.

But, again, the choice is yours.

Reactions: Jirrex