Service target practice - no warm up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Really experienced player you are!
Thanks.
honestly speaking, I had zero confidence I could hit even one (I am so rusted)
The goal was 5 shots, to hit 3.
The kid failed and said I should demostrate.
I said no, and he continued and still failed.
Only then I said, let me try.... with zero confidence.
Glad the outcome was pretty okay.
Inside me said PHEWWWWWW

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Thanks.
honestly speaking, I had zero confidence I could hit even one (I am so rusted)
The goal was 5 shots, to hit 3.
The kid failed and said I should demostrate.
I said no, and he continued and still failed.
Only then I said, let me try.... with zero confidence.
Glad the outcome was pretty okay.
Inside me said PHEWWWWWW
That's what we call muscle memory! At least you show them you can do it!

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Its a case of, dont think about it just do it.

If you took your time, thought about the movement you had to perform and Tried to Analyze it deeply and in Detail, it would most likely not have looked like that.

But instead, you just Grab the ball, go for it and make it seem like the easiest move in the World.

And you gain respect-, credibility- and trustpoints from the Kids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just recently I watched Ti Long’s lessons, where the guys from India hit 6 balls off the table with topspin, and I thought that this was a great idea for training, but I needed a partner. You can train your serves yourself, great idea!
hitting topspins would be easier, as service requires 2 bounces on the table, while topspin is really just target practice - 1 bounce.
however, my first contact and third contact was lucky - as I actually land the ball on the table way too early. And if it was a ball and not bottle sitting there, I would of jumped over the ball.

I should of landed all 3 at the bottle like the second one (on the second bounce).
So to be technical, I actually failed the target drill. But having the bottle fall off still "looks good" lol

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just recently I watched Ti Long’s lessons, where the guys from India hit 6 balls off the table with topspin, and I thought that this was a great idea for training, but I needed a partner. You can train your serves yourself, great idea!
Ti Long uses a lot of jump cuts so you can never be confident how many shots it really took.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ti Long uses a lot of jump cuts so you can never be confident how many shots it really took.
That is true.
If I had failed, I would of just removed that recording for life and pretend it never happened
However, I saw later that the mom was also recording lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey, a bit off topic but where did you get the Taiwanese shirt. been wanting one for ages.
Gift from one of the national team coaches.

You won't be able to buy them. They don't really make it available for the public.
Individual team members who are likely sponsored, ie Butterfly, Joola, Tibhar, Mizuno (what I can think of in the senior mens and womens team) would get they shirts made and then printed with their details, sponsors logos and then the TPE badge. Just enough for the individual player.

For teams event, then CTTTA will provide them, which is normally Butterfly with TPE badge.

• Sad
Reactions: PaddyPolar