Setup for a kid just starting out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I'd recommend a blade that's not heavy and not fast, perhaps something like yasaka sweden extra

For the rubber, it sounds weird but I'd recommend getting something like rakza 7, a fast but still very much a balanced rubber.

The combo should be not too fast, but not too slow as well. I don't quite agree with getting a cheap rubber and slow blade as typically adjusting to a completely new setup is really bothersome. Your kid should also be able to use that combo for a while and the setup is a good reference point to what he would want for his next setup down the line

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'd recommend a blade that's not heavy and not fast, perhaps something like yasaka sweden extra

For the rubber, it sounds weird but I'd recommend getting something like rakza 7, a fast but still very much a balanced rubber.

The combo should be not too fast, but not too slow as well. I don't quite agree with getting a cheap rubber and slow blade as typically adjusting to a completely new setup is really bothersome. Your kid should also be able to use that combo for a while and the setup is a good reference point to what he would want for his next setup down the line

I would say Rakza 7 is way too fast.
then go one step back to Mark V, which is pretty much similar to Vega Intro, but just more expensive.

btw, I don't think any blade quoted so far is slower than YE
in fact, the N9S is way faster the YE
I suggested N10S which is allround, and so is YE