Should I boost my Rozena rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Japanese bouncy rubbers and ESN tensor ones are not meant to be boosted, stop with that BS. There's also an urban legend saying "pros" boost their tensor (Xiom included of course)/BTY/Victas rubbers. No, they don't do that, the fact that most of them are now using INNER carbon blades says a lot about the control they want for themselves, and it tells a lot about the rubber's technology that is now enough advanced to counter the P ball lack of speed and spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
If you think the Rozena rubbers ain't the right speed for you, then go for the Tenergy 05, 05FX , 25, or 25 FX. The Rozena was released for people who wanted that kind of T05 features, but with more control. The T19 is also a nice alternative, but a bit more speedy, it's the bridge between the T05 and the Dignics 05.

Reactions: Dimitri
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Just received some new butterfly rozena rubbers and thought if I should boost them, because I’ve boosted all my previous rubbers and they felt awesome. And how many layers, I heard 1 layer should be enough. But if you have any tips or opinions on this, please comment about it, thanks!
Ahma,
The word you used is "received" and not the usual I bought. Are you a sponsored player? Or your club is a sponsored club?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Pros do boost Japanese/ESN rubbers.
But it doesn't mean, Pros do it, you must do it too.
In fact, it is normally the other way around.

Durability, of course it will be affected. Pro race car tires don't last an hour, while mine last months. So it is all relative to usage.
Pros do get 50 sheets coming in per time, so they can change as they please.
1 thin layer should be okay.

Little booster does make a big different for many.
I do not agree with the principle of adding too many layers. That extra top speed (say from 300km/h to 320km/h means nothing, if you can't even get to 200km/h in terms of driving skills)
Too much booster, your durability drops, often people will mess the sponge up and destroy the rubber or not enjoy it.

So if any, 1 light layer is fine

Since you receive "SOME" - lucky you.
why don't you try 1 with a light layer and 1 without, and you can share you experience here.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Rozena and Dignics are not designed to be boosted.
And btw my friend did boost Dignics 05 and it completely destroyed it.
My experience is very different. My coach boosts his T05 and I also boost my D05 with a layer of Falco. The results have consistently been excellent for me (with T05 & D05) - rubbers seem to take the booster well and play beautifully afterwards. I have seen many pro/top level players use boosted ESN or Butterfly rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
And btw my friend did boost Dignics 05 and it completely destroyed it.

I think correct term should be, Rozena and Dignics is designed to be "no booster required".
But every Butterfly sponsored player I know, boost T and D more than they actually each junk food.

out of curiosity, what booster was used, and how many layers?
Does your friend know how to boost rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I think correct term should be, Rozena and Dignics is designed to be "no booster required".
But every Butterfly sponsored player I know, boost T and D more than they actually each junk food.

out of curiosity, what booster was used, and how many layers?
Does your friend know how to boost rubbers?

Also out of curiosity @Tony's Table Tennis - what are the sponsored players/pros aiming for when boosting Dignics and Tenergy? I understand boosting H3 as its as hard as concrete and helps soften and speed it up - but that cant be the case with Butterfly rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Also out of curiosity @Tony's Table Tennis - what are the sponsored players/pros aiming for when boosting Dignics and Tenergy? I understand boosting H3 as its as hard as concrete and helps soften and speed it up - but that cant be the case with Butterfly rubbers?
From the ones I know or saw, they would use 1 layer (or 2 max) on Butterfly, to just soften it up a bit and give it some kick
I mostly only saw these 3 out there
T05 Hard
D09C
D05

The words from them - everyone is doing it.

Reactions: jammmail