Step up from the fastarc G1

ber

This user has no status.

ber

This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2026
170
34
262
Currently I'm using G1 max on the FH, and I've read a couple of threads about G1 alternative; G1 to hybrid but i'm still not so sure what would suit me. The 2 rubbers that i plan to replace G1 on FH is Stiga Mantra Pro H or Andro Nuzn 50, It would be nice to know which rubber is better in counterlooping, looping backspin and perhaps in the short game, which is more durable also.

It's going to be paired with Hl5
 
says I like to put heavy topspin on the ball
says I like to put heavy topspin on the ball
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jul 2014
1,269
1,217
6,304
Currently I'm using G1 max on the FH, and I've read a couple of threads about G1 alternative; G1 to hybrid but i'm still not so sure what would suit me. The 2 rubbers that i plan to replace G1 on FH is Stiga Mantra Pro H or Andro Nuzn 50, It would be nice to know which rubber is better in counterlooping, looping backspin and perhaps in the short game, which is more durable also.

It's going to be paired with Hl5
Pro H and N50 are different pathways from G1. N50 is like a semi-hybrid, it is deader and a bit more sensitive to spin on passive contact, but it has excellent grip/spin and is very predictable imo. Pro H is nontacky and very conventionally Japanese style, it has less grip and less dwell than N50 but it is lighter and has a more transparent feeling, as well as being faster and more direct in block/counter/open game.
 
Top