stiga allround classic vs sanwei echo

This user has no status.
I was thinking on wether I should get the sanwei echo or stiga allround classic but i can’t decide.

im an intermediate beginner who has leant the strokes but can’t really hit them consistently due to my current setup, stiga prestige 5 star racket, (which i’ve used for about a year now) being too fast for me.

i am looking for a new setup where i can get a good amount of speed, but have alot more control in all my shots.

I lean towards smashes, when i get any openings and short chops that are ussualy close to the table.

Also, i’m considering to use sanwei gear hyper for fh and sanwei taiji plus 2023 for backhand.

To make up for the lack of speed these blades provide, would using VOC or speed glue increase the speed somwhat? I don’t really understand how it works so could you help??

would me considering to use either of these blades make sense?? If yes, which one do i choose.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Consider getting Air Limba 5 ply or Air Touch. You can see some details from this page:

Don't worry about speed. With VOC glue, that would mean you would have to reglue your rubbers every time you played. And it would not do all that much for you.

Don't worry about the setup being too slow. What that does is make you have to work harder. When your technique is good, the ball goes just as fast. You just have to have good technique to make the ball go fast.

If you are talking about chopping close to the table or over the table, probably you mean PUSHING. Usually chopping is from further back from the table and takes a fairly big stroke. :)

If you are smashing instead of looping (looping = putting tons of topspin on the ball while making a topspin-offensive shot), then you might reconsider the classification as BEGINNER.

If that is the case, it might be worth spending the time learning to spin the hell out of the ball on topspin shots. Not just a little spin but so much spin that the ball gets pulled down even though it is going fast (that arc is why it is called a loop). Having the technique to do that will make your shots much more consistent.

Any chance you can post footage? It would be worth doing if you want equipment that matches your level. But if you are thinking about something slower than that preassembled racket, for now, don't worry about speed. After using the new blade and rubbers, if you want to upgrade speed, just upgrade the rubbers. But it is worth knowing that a slower racket allows for a fuller stroke. So, often, until you are fairly high level, there can be a value to having a racket that is a little on the slow side. Once you are fully used to it (that could take a few weeks) it will start feeling like it is the right speed; especially if you are learning to get heavy heavy spin your offensive shots.

This user has no status.
this vid was about 6-7 months ago when i was just recreationally playing w some ppl. I’m the person on the left with the green jumper.

I had been playing recreationally for fun for about 1.5yr and am now trying to play somewhat competitively.

The vid shows barely anything so the best way I can explain on how I play is that overall i’m pretty terrible in consistent shots, some shots are good some not so much, my footwork is practically non existent and my technique is bad. On the upside, I have somewhat of a good game sense on figuring out my opponent and I use placement shots to get alot of my points. My serves are ok-ish and the go to serves i usually do are pendulum serves, tomahawk and backhand sidespin. I generally like to pressurise my opponent by pushes either fh or bh

I have been trying to learn fh strokes but the problem is that one, my current rackets rubber is almost dead, i’ve used the same racket for about 2 yrs, and two, the racket is too fast and all my new shots (the ones I attempt) usually go over the table.

Another problem is that currently im in pakistan and I can only get my racket from here, mainly this website :

could you recommend me anything from here??

In general I would say i’m better than the average recreational player and beginner but nowhere near anything above that.

Attachments

• IMG_5073 (online-video-cutter.com) 2.mp4
    9.3 MB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
The Sanwei Echo is a really good controllable blade and works good with any rubber.
I feel that Gear Hyper is more of a forehand rubber. Not that soft and nice that you might need in your backhand (at least me).
I'm not that keen on the Taiji Plus 2023 model. It was supposed to be softer, but not really. Slower to me.

If you're anywhere near myself in play style. Controllable backhand and like to loop and brush the ball on forehand, go for Sanwei Taiji Light FH and maybe a Joola Samba BH for softer touch and good control...

Remember that you play with a factory assembled bat now, and this will be a huge difference to this how ever you decide to proceed :)

Reactions: helloagain16
This user has no status.
The Sanwei Echo is a really good controllable blade and works good with any rubber.
I feel that Gear Hyper is more of a forehand rubber. Not that soft and nice that you might need in your backhand (at least me).
I'm not that keen on the Taiji Plus 2023 model. It was supposed to be softer, but not really. Slower to me.

If you're anywhere near myself in play style. Controllable backhand and like to loop and brush the ball on forehand, go for Sanwei Taiji Light FH and maybe a Joola Samba BH for softer touch and good control...

Remember that you play with a factory assembled bat now, and this will be a huge difference to this how ever you decide to proceed :)

I searched up the sanwei taiji light but it says its meant to be a BH rubber?

Also the joola samba is a good option but the thing is what i’m trying to do is get a forehand rubber for about around 8000pkr and the backhand rubber to be around 2-5000pkr, abit less expensive. I want to prioritise the forehand to be on the offensive side and the backhand to be less capable of speeds but more defensive play capabilities, i still want it to be a pips in rubber tho.

Also I was thinking of using the sanwei gear hyper as a forehand rubber so I don’t really get what you mean in your reply

In total, i’m hoping to spend no more than about 23000pkr (sanwei echo and two rubbers)

This user has no status.
well i would go for the Rhyzen Cmd instead of the Samba on Forehand,so you learn the new generation of rubbers.it is almsot as pricy as the Samba.
Nad ion Bh maybe the Ultraspin or the Taji Light.but can´t recommend any of those,cause i only played the Joola Cmd and it is the best option for Price/performance ratio in my opinion.
But i don´t see a lot of options for you there for a cheaper bh rubber.
Maybe the T88 Ultra Spin is a good option on Bh instead of the Taji,
you see the english description down from a german seller,sounds like a good choice too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I searched up the sanwei taiji light but it says its meant to be a BH rubber?

Also the joola samba is a good option but the thing is what i’m trying to do is get a forehand rubber for about around 8000pkr and the backhand rubber to be around 2-5000pkr, abit less expensive. I want to prioritise the forehand to be on the offensive side and the backhand to be less capable of speeds but more defensive play capabilities, i still want it to be a pips in rubber tho.

Also I was thinking of using the sanwei gear hyper as a forehand rubber so I don’t really get what you mean in your reply

In total, i’m hoping to spend no more than about 23000pkr (sanwei echo and two rubbers)
Well. I think it depends on what your preferences are regarding backhand rubbers. It's not a backhand rubber for me :)
Ah yes. I think it would be good on forehand, the Gear Hyper. Sorry for the confusion.