Stiga Clipper CC Blade bought fake blade? Once unlucky... Twice unlucky???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Hi all.

After some information from anyone really!!! So previously I got a Stiga clipper cc blade and played with it for a while, only when comparing with a friend i noticed in the handle it says "Made in Swfden" ??? on their blade and all there others ive seen, none of which are clipper cc blades, but they all say "Made in Sweden".....???

Anyway ive recently bought another one with new rubbers, lone behold... looking at the handle it says "Made in Swfden" again?!? :(

i had a google and there were a couple on there which said "Made in Sweden"...

So to anyone who has a stiga Clipper CC blade or any knowledge of this.... can they confirm if this is a fake blade or just a dodgy print?? hoping this image link works.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• swftdon.jpg
    swftdon.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 810

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Are you sure the bottom stroke of "E" didn't just make it onto the print solid?

"E" without a bottom stroke is basically "F".

If you play with it though, you'll definitely know. Fakes of blades always have a substantial decrease in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Woah thats weird. I haven't seen fake Stigas so far. I agree with those before me, send an email to the shop you got it from, as well as to Stiga directly. Otherwise might be a faulty batch that you've gotten. I suggest sending out an email. Who knows they might send you a new blade! The blade does look of really high quality though!

Reactions: Pavol2223
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for the replies all!!

Will get an email sent out! to confirm, yeah its a reputable seller. just a bit odd i guess that they would let this slip through quality control... :S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
My friend has been using Clipper CC(s) for years. He gets a new CC when his previous one becomes softened after using regularly for around a year. He told me that Stiga blades' qualities are really inconsistent, sometimes it's a good batch sometimes it's just plain awful.

But he continues to play with it. Seems to me like he does like the quality.

To the TS: That looks like a fake one. There is no way that a original stiga blade would have that kind of mistake in the lens. The lenses is made in big series, which make a mistake impossible.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My friend has been using Clipper CC(s) for years. He gets a new CC when his previous one becomes softened after using regularly for around a year. He told me that Stiga blades' qualities are really inconsistent, sometimes it's a good batch sometimes it's just plain awful.

This does not give any information about how the blade you got, that says Swfden, plays. Does it play well? Do you like how the blade feels?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Hey again all, thanks for the reply.

it feels pretty slow if im honest. but then given that it then feels like there alot of control. doesnt "feel" in your hand link a mapplewood blade for example but then i figured that would be expected given the types of technology used on the CC.

I emailed Stiga and asked if this was real as well as if it was right because of it stating Legend, where as the stiga website shows master (that and the other blades ive seen with legend on them look different handles) and got these responses..... really dont know what to think!!!

kinda feel like maybe they are fobbing it off as they dont want to replace it or have batch replacement for all sent to distributors??

attachment.php
attachment.php

I just cant imagine that Stigas quality control would let this slip if im honest....

thanks alot all!

Attachments

• stiga 1.JPG
    stiga 1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 282
  • stiga blade.JPG
    stiga blade.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 307
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey again all, thanks for the reply.

it feels pretty slow if im honest. but then given that it then feels like there alot of control. doesnt "feel" in your hand link a mapplewood blade for example but then i figured that would be expected given the types of technology used on the CC.

I emailed Stiga and asked if this was real as well as if it was right because of it stating Legend, where as the stiga website shows master (that and the other blades ive seen with legend on them look different handles) and got these responses..... really dont know what to think!!!

kinda feel like maybe they are fobbing it off as they dont want to replace it or have batch replacement for all sent to distributors??

I just cant imagine that Stigas quality control would let this slip if im honest....

thanks alot all!

You said you had other friends with Clipper CC, see how theirs feel and compare to yours.

Master is indeed a handle; Master means small flare. Legend is also a handle; Legend is the larger flare.

A straight handle would say Peter and an anatomic handle would say Winner.

The best way to tell if it is real or not is by how it plays. If it plays very differently than another Clipper CC that you have played with or that a friend has, and it does not have good feeling and touch, it might not be. But if the blade has good feeling and touch it is not a fake. With a fake, they wouldn't bother making it a good blade. It would feel like a piece of plywood. If it plays well and when you hit on different parts of the blade face, or from one side to the other, if they feel the same, it is probably not a fake. If on either side there are dead spots, a small sweet spot, inconsistencies and the two sides feel a little different, it is probably a fake. If both sides feel good and the same and similar to another Clipper CC it is probably not a fake.

I know all wood is different and all Clippers feel a bit different but they all feel like Clippers. I think that should be the same for the Clipper CC. If it feels pretty much like another Clipper CC then it is real. The counterfeits would feel like a bad blade.

This user has no status.
Hi to all

I is 99.9 % genuine. I had Clipper CC before (year and a half) and it has the same printing flaw. Blade purchased in Germany and I have waited because my seller did not had in stock (waited to come from Sweden). It was amazing blade but wanted more refined wood and got Rosewood VII.

So don't worry about fake, i am sure it is genuine

Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
You said you had other friends with Clipper CC, see how theirs feel and compare to yours.

Master is indeed a handle; Master means small flare. Legend is also a handle; Legend is the larger flare.

A straight handle would say Peter and an anatomic handle would say Winner.

The best way to tell if it is real or not is by how it plays. If it plays very differently than another Clipper CC that you have played with or that a friend has, and it does not have good feeling and touch, it might not be. But if the blade has good feeling and touch it is not a fake. With a fake, they wouldn't bother making it a good blade. It would feel like a piece of plywood. If it plays well and when you hit on different parts of the blade face, or from one side to the other, if they feel the same, it is probably not a fake. If on either side there are dead spots, a small sweet spot, inconsistencies and the two sides feel a little different, it is probably a fake. If both sides feel good and the same and similar to another Clipper CC it is probably not a fake.

I know all wood is different and all Clippers feel a bit different but they all feel like Clippers. I think that should be the same for the Clipper CC. If it feels pretty much like another Clipper CC then it is real. The counterfeits would feel like a bad blade.

thanks for your reply :)

sorry i should clarify, i meant i tried a different Stiga blade not another clipper CC other than the my old one which also says "Swfden" on it...

think when i get a chance i'll strip the rubbers off the blades and try a bounce test (as the new one the shop sent wasnt glued up very well anyway?!)

i was thinkng of testing the weights too but i guess that will differ alot between production by a few grams +/- either way

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
Hi to all

I is 99.9 % genuine. I had Clipper CC before (year and a half) and it has the same printing flaw. Blade purchased in Germany and I have waited because my seller did not had in stock (waited to come from Sweden). It was amazing blade but wanted more refined wood and got Rosewood VII.

So don't worry about fake, i am sure it is genuine

Regards

thanks alot for your reply! i guess yeah it is fine then! just nice to get confirmation from someone who has the blade too!

thanks alot!