Stiga DNA Hybrid H or XH vs Other Hybrid Competitors

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is Victas v20 a hybrid rubber with some tackiness?

The description says:
Victas V>20 Double Extra Table Tennis Rubber combines European tension technology's attacking power and dynamics with the advantages offered by Chinese pips geometry.

The V>20 produces vigorous attacking power and reassuring precision - a combination your opponents will fear. This innovative hybrid technology with shorter pips guarantees perfect ball coupling, which results in excellent accuracy and forgiveness, with unbelievable spin ratings. Despite the sponge hardness of 52.5 degrees, you will be surprised by the elasticity and feel of V>20 Double Extra.

So it mentions "Chinese" and "hybrid", but it's not clear from the description if it has the same type of tacky technology as Dragon Grip or K3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
The Hybrid XH feels similar to G-1,
almost like the harder Version that people were looking for, imo.
I wont risk changing rubbers now during the season.
After the season I might.

More controlled, easier access to faster gears and doesnt bottom out once you step away from the table.
On pushes, G-1 can generate slightly more Spin because with the XH the ball can sometimes go too far out.
Chops, blocks and defense overall really good on the XH.

Not as much dwell time and "Grab" effect as LAC, H3 Turbo blue or other Chinese rubbers, but impressive enough for me.

Reactions: TheProfessor

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hi,
Has anyone used the dna hybrid h or XH and some other hybrid rubbers such as the dynaryz zgr/k3/09c/j and h z52.5? Which is best for blocking, slow looping backspin, counter topspin and short game?
For this control type game without wanting to necessarily overpower your opponent I think Glayzer 09c should be seriously considered. G09c is a blocking monster and excellent at countering and short game.

Attack wise it does not have penetrative ability of the other hybrids on your list.

G09c is a lot cheaper in Japan and generally in Asia vs pricing in Europe, US, Oceania.

This user has no status.
Is Victas v20 a hybrid rubber with some tackiness?

The description says:
Victas V>20 Double Extra Table Tennis Rubber combines European tension technology's attacking power and dynamics with the advantages offered by Chinese pips geometry.

The V>20 produces vigorous attacking power and reassuring precision - a combination your opponents will fear. This innovative hybrid technology with shorter pips guarantees perfect ball coupling, which results in excellent accuracy and forgiveness, with unbelievable spin ratings. Despite the sponge hardness of 52.5 degrees, you will be surprised by the elasticity and feel of V>20 Double Extra.

So it mentions "Chinese" and "hybrid", but it's not clear from the description if it has the same type of tacky technology as Dragon Grip or K3
V>20 is not tacky at all. Great rubber for sure, as it's extremely well balanced in spin, speed and control. As the description says, it does feel much, much softer than 52.5 deg. I'd suggest putting it on a harder blade (or at least not a soft one). I currently have an old sheet on my Viscaria which I occasionally use, and it feels much better than it did on either my Goriki or Koki Niwa Wood.

To answer your question about Codexx, I'vy e only tried the 53 super select. I was debating at the time between the 52, 53 and 54, but went with the 53 for a couple reasons; one, i had been using the Nexxus SuperSelect 53, but something about it just didn't feel right to me, especially as the rubber aged I started losing control very easily and I didn't understand why. I liked that level of hardness so I just went with the Codexx equivalent. The combination of the Aruna Hinoki Carbon and the Codexx is my favorite ever, period. I think I've achieved the perfect level of balance in my game, where the power is adequate to get past higher level players, but not out of control. The spin you can generate is tremendous, though I'd say below Dignics 05 and naturally any fully tacky rubber. I can't recommend it highly enough, and it lasts for a long time assuming you take good care of it.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Today I tested the Stiga Hybrid M.

I thought it would basically be just a softer version of Dragon Grip. But no, it's really different. First off, despite being M, it really feels much harder.

And the biggest difference is Dragon Grip feels like it has a lot more catapult. Hybrid M feels much slower, more dead, and more linear. It activates a bit when you really punch through the rubber, but overall it seems really different from DG.

Maybe a layer of booster can bring it to life.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp